Sharing physical animation between character and clothes/armor?

Physical animation seems to work well when you’ve got a whole mesh simulating (like in Robo Recall) but what if you’ve got a character and clothes or armor as separate meshes? I set up my clothes to use the same skeleton (skinned to the character skeleton too) and physics asset as the character itself but when I try to add physical animation to the clothes I get an error saying “Warning Invalid Bodies : Make sure collision is enabled or root bone has body in PhysicsAsset.”. What I would like to get is the character and clothes simulating in the same way (so the arms don’t suddenly clip through the clothes for example) as well as being able to change the physical constraints for the body and clothes at the same time, so for example if your character equipped heavy armor you would set up more rigid constraints so the physical animation gets stiffer. Is sharing physical animation between several meshes possible?

I don’t think you need to apply physical animation to the clothes

If you just use it on the master mesh shouldn’t the clothes follow along with the physics simulation?

Nope, the clothes were animating but not interacting with the physics, but it turns out using Master Pose Component to attach the clothes to the character works fine. I knew I was forgetting something. :rolleyes: