Why are textures drawn directly to canvas so dark?

The window on the left is drawn in the GFxMovie. The popups on the right are GFxMovies drawing onto a RendureTexture, which I then draw on the Canvas during the HUD’s PostProcess. The background of the popups are supposed to be the same color as the window background. I’ve tried messing with the RendureTexture’s AdjustBrightnes and SRGB, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Any idea why it’s so much darker?

OK, fixed it. I had to set my canvas’ draw color to (255,255,255). I guess every texture you draw gets multiplied by your draw color?

Where in script do you change the canvas draw color.I have a similar issue when using in my case a bink video with the hourences ui scenes wich are just more updated ui scenes.

First off, anything you do has to be during the “main draw loop.” Per UDK | CanvasTechnicalGuide, “The HUD classes do keep a reference to the current Canvas, but it is only accessible during the main draw loop and within any functions executed during that loop. Otherwise, there is no guarantee the Canvas will exist or be usable.” I’m not entirely sure where the loop starts and ends, but I’m working in the HUD’s PostRender() event, and that’s working for me.

So anywhere in HUD.PostRender, put in a line for

Canvas.SetDrawColor(255,255,255);

before you draw any textures to the canvas.

I hope that helps.

Thank you,will go and try it out :wink: