Question: How to change shadow sharpness with distance...?

So in the environment I have, everything is static and I need shadows that become softer the further they get cast from the object…

I’ve come across this in t the unreal engine docs but didn’t know how what settings they are talking about…

Also, I would like to know what settings are optimal so I can try different variations

Thanks in advance

Hi, I have not much time since I started using unreal 4 and the way I have managed to get softer shadows is by increasing Source Radius ( Content Examples Sample Project for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation).
Another thing I do to my lights is Uncheck Inverse Square Falloff ( Content Examples Sample Project for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation ) that will cause it to look more burned and so reduce the intencity.
Now to make the shadows softer I understand that you can move the Falloff Exponent ( Content Examples Sample Project for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation )
I think for the performance it is important to keep an Attenuation Radius that only covers the area where that light should affect but I am not sure I am also starting.
All of the above affects the intensity you have to give the light.

You can download the free project content examples and go to level of lighting and play around that helped me. Content Examples Sample Project for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation