REDACTED - Pirate website reselling Marketplace assets

Hey there guys,

I don’t know if there is a specific channel for sellers only but this is a very troubling discovery I made here.
So there’s a place called (REDACTED BY MODERATOR), it has tons of assets on it. I went to the troubles of signing up to it because it’s the only way that they show you how to obtain the pirated goods.
So after doing this (it’s all chinese so gotta rely on the translator) it turned out that they are asking for money on there.

I hope Epic takes them down because clearly this is not good for business. (they even claim they are a partner of EPIC and the whole place looks like the official marketplace)
They got my stuff on there with a ton of people having commented on it. It seems to be a very prosperous business for them and needs to be taken down!
I already e-mailed the marketplace support about it and I hope they are on to the case but I figured this needs to be brought to the attention of also the other marketplace sellers.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi ,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are looking into this on our end.

1 Like

Well, could be Tencent’s site :wink:

I’d just deleted that post because it was kind of offensive…
But indeed, China has a large culture of love with piracy and they (these pirates over there, not all of chinese people) really have zero respect for the creators of the art they are appropriating to sell like it’s their own work.

If they could give us 30% for each sale that’d be great. :cool:

@Maximun-Dev would you mind to give me the link? I speak and read chinese as well, i would like to helping or work together with marketplace staff to take down the content there

1 Like

[= ;679141]
Hi ,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are looking into this on our end.
[/]

Hey . It’s probably a good idea to remove the name of the site from the original post since you are already aware of it.

1 Like

[=;679166]
@Maximun-Dev would you mind to give me the link? I speak and read chinese as well, i would like to helping or work together with marketplace staff to take down the content there
[/]

I’m not sure really. I googled the name and the only website I find seems to be down already. At least not loading for me.

It’s not down; I’ve visited the site.

1 Like

[=;679176]
I’m not sure really. I googled the name and the only website I find seems to be down already. At least not loading for me.
[/]

I tag the wrong people, nevermind, i found that website, seem like they are shameless to sharing those people hardwork, and they act them self is official partner of epic game and crytek

1 Like

Started loading for me too. Their search works better, I could find my packages too.

well, just need to beware, they will feel no guilty or anything even they release the game with stolen assets, copyright issue in China is still far behind the modern world

1 Like