User Tag List

Thread: UDK Ultimate Engine

UDK Ultimate Engine

Good thing i read the video description because i was like > ????

Yeah, if the scrpts are yours everyone will benfit a lot, to customize weapons.I think we are only allowed to use the ut3 script source 1.5 with udk and not the gears of war ones.
    The only way i achived good bullets once was by using the code from the ut3 enforcer gun.Yours look better, so i hope to see this stuff

Im planing on looking on how the ut3 tank works for my own.If by some chance you have done this,please share the info.

Cheers!

You realized 7th gen consoles are outdated right? It would be in best interest if one can implement 8th gen support and replace the dead 7th gen with that, for UDK instead.

Hell, if you can pull this off, i may not have to transfer my old projects to UE4. That was the only reason I transfered my current game to UE4. I actually don't mind the UE3 graphics for my particular game (F*** the AAA dev graphics elitists worrying about the graphics of my game, UDK can still suffice and sell, not many gamers can handle UE4 on PCs yet).
    Last edited by Lord Iheanacho; 05-01-2017 at 02:38 AM.
    Franklin Iheanacho
    [Pronounced: EEH-HON-A-CHO]
    - Game Artist & Programmer
    My Team
    Our Current Game

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Iheanacho View Post
    You realized 7th gen consoles are outdated right? It would be in best interest if one can implement 8th gen support and replace the dead 7th gen with that, for UDK instead.

Hell, if you can pull this off, i may not have to transfer my old projects to UE4. That was the only reason I transfered my current game to UE4. I actually don't mind the UE3 graphics for my particular game (F*** the AAA dev graphics elitists worrying about the graphics of my game, UDK can still suffice and sell, not many gamers can handle UE4 on PCs yet).
    Hello bro. I agree with your words, letter by letter. My actual PC (ASUS G51-JX 1GB Nvidia GTS360M 8GB RAM DDR3) can`t run UE4 mainly because the outdated Graphics Card (does not support newest shader model). However, regardless not being able to run UE4 and the newest games, it is not my any means a slow pc, rather, I use it for my mainly work as designer, on which I run Photoshop, 3dsmax, Maya and others "heavy" tools. And it can run smoothly a lot of cool "old" gen games and emulators, and it gives me a lot of fun. So that means that good graphics is not essential for a good and fun gaming experiences.

Yeah, I also agree that those new AAA games which only focus on graphics and High-Specs PC they tend to discriminate those who can`t afford or don`t want to upgrade their hardware (like me), and indeed they could sell even more if they could run on low spec machines.

I love UDK (UE3), I love UDK Graphics, however, by the way, is not the engine itself who creates cool graphics, is all upon the artist, because UDK will only render (off course it has a very cool rendering system), and for me I think I can use UDK for more 10 years

But about porting UE3 for PS4 and XboxOne, trully It is my dream, however I lack the tech skills to do this. This project UDK Ultimate is mainly a hobbist work intended for homebrew game development on Xbox360 and PS3. And as this is a modified version of UDK Engine, it can`t be used for commercial projects, because EPIC does not license UE3 anymore, and you can`t use an engine without proper licensing for new projects.

I intend to use UDK Ultimate to create one game I dreamed to create for long ago. But after I finish this game, which for me will be a training ground, then I pretend to go serious on the "right way" of learning UE4 and then trying to get an official license from Sony and MS to release my game on their consoles.

But UDK Ultimate is only for homebrew games development.

Cheers.

I think you can still license ue3(and the latest version does support ps4-xbox one).Outcast 2 and a few others are proof.You just have to have a game in a advanced stage and talk serious to epic and they shoud give it to you. Nathaniel3W - the Himeko Sutori game got a license last year and rumor has it that a ue3 license is cheap these days.And i mean cheap.Just ask but make sure you have a project that supports you or you might not get the proper atention.

Quote Originally Posted by O_and_N View Post
    I think you can still license ue3(and the latest version does support ps4-xbox one).Outcast 2 and a few others are proof.You just have to have a game in a advanced stage and talk serious to epic and they shoud give it to you. Nathaniel3W - the Himeko Sutori game got a license last year and rumor has it that a ue3 license is cheap these days.And i mean cheap.Just ask but make sure you have a project that supports you or you might not get the proper atention.
    I actually hope you are right on this because if you are, I possibly could head back to using UDK for my current project.
    Franklin Iheanacho
    My Team
    Our Current Game

I don't think it's simply a matter of talking serious to Epic. UE3 is/was a multi million dollar license engine. also people with source access have a private place where they get support, and the last thing they want now is to dedicate people to support UE3 projects.
    aside from that, you'd lose the license for Simplygon and SpeedTree, as they are part of the UDK license but not part of the UE3 license.
    Help me back! follow me on Twitter

Developer of Elium - Prison Escape

Yeah, I think I bought my UE3 license almost a year ago. The costs you'll discuss with Epic are for royalties and support. The UE3 license cost is certainly not out of reach of small developers, but I don't know with 100% certainty that they're still selling new licenses. Like I say to everyone though, you can contact Epic directly on their custom licensing page (https://www.unrealengine.com/custom-licensing) and see what your options are.

As for the software bundled with UDK, I don't know about Simplygon, but a standalone SpeedTree license was completely out of my price range.
    Last edited by Nathaniel3W; 05-09-2017 at 04:21 AM.
    Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Whelp, so much for an 8th-gen console support license with UE3...

According to Kreiner, it's not even worth staying on UDK due to commercial complications for it. Sadly, that is still easier said than done. 80% of Maze Qore was already made on that engine and since I moved to UE4, I found myself taking longer than I did with UDK trying to remake everything, notably because I have not mastered UE4 yet as I did it's predecessor.

I don't truly mind using Unreal Engine 4 to be honest if only the engine at least had a DX9/DX10 shader model fallback. Considering PC is our primary focus right now, that can be a major problem (DX11 is minimally required to even use the engine itself, or play the games using it). I tried to use my old DX10 computer and it can't even start it up. According to the statistics, many PC gamers, especially Steam users still rely on DX9 and DX10 video cards; those who can run DX11 still struggle with performance.

For a simple and less graphically-demanding top-down RPG arcade game, the last thing I'd want to risk is player's complaining about graphical compatibility or run-time problems. That's what crippled the sales of Crysis commercially - fewer gamers could afford the specs to simply run it; ironically, the game was too advanced for it's time that it backfired on Crytek.

___

On the other hand, I won't be using SpeedTree at all (the entire game is based indoors, plus SpeedTrees in UE3 are a buggy mess), however I do need Scaleform and Simplygon which are what's keeping me from going through with the UE3 license.
    Last edited by Lord Iheanacho; 05-12-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    Franklin Iheanacho
    My Team
    Our Current Game

You can still use Scaleform with UE3. "Only Scaleform and PhysX" are included with the UE3 license, is what Joe meant. If you need Simplygon, maybe you should look into licensing it separately.

If you want to get the UE3 license, your company has to buy it. Epic will not sell a UE3 license to individuals. Fixing that problem could be as simple as registering an LLC. I was able to register an LLC entirely online, and it only took me a couple of hours. So if you already have decided that you want the UE3 license, you can make it work. If you're not going to target consoles, Simplygon is the only unknown variable here.

Then again, a lot of games are using UE4 now. Every year there will be a higher percentage of Steam users with DX11 video cards. Maybe it's just time for the other Steam customers to upgrade if they want to play newer games and you should set your minimum specs higher.
    Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel3W View Post
    You can still use Scaleform with UE3. "Only Scaleform and PhysX" are included with the UE3 license, is what Joe meant. If you need Simplygon, maybe you should look into licensing it separately.

If you want to get the UE3 license, your company has to buy it. Epic will not sell a UE3 license to individuals. Fixing that problem could be as simple as registering an LLC. I was able to register an LLC entirely online, and it only took me a couple of hours. So if you already have decided that you want the UE3 license, you can make it work. If you're not going to target consoles, Simplygon is the only unknown variable here.

Then again, a lot of games are using UE4 now. Every year there will be a higher percentage of Steam users with DX11 video cards. Maybe it's just time for the other Steam customers to upgrade if they want to play newer games and you should set your minimum specs higher.

Nathaniew,if you register as a company before the game is finished,does that mean you have to pay things like tax,etc to the country you live in,even if you are still not making profit?In my case i was thinking in registering a few days before or even after uploading the finished product to steam.

From pure curiosity,if simpligone is not in the ue3,does that mean i cant make lods for skeletal meshes-like crowd agents (or did they left that option in the skeletal mesh viewer?)
    By the way,does the latest version of ue3 you have, supports dx12 like the remake of gears of war epic released with ue3 or is it something only they have?

Cheers

you can still import LODs, you just have to make them yourself
    Help me back! follow me on Twitter

Developer of Elium - Prison Escape

As for the taxes, that really depends on the laws wherever you are. I have to pay $50/year to keep my LLC registered in Virginia and that's all. I recently talked to a game developer on Reddit who had to pay $800 in taxes on $0 income in California. Outside the US, I have no idea what the range could be like.

And I'm pretty sure my UE3 can't do anything with DX12. I actually haven't heard of anyone upgrading UE3 to work with DX12, and actually I think that kind of sounds like a waste of time. I mean, at that point you really should just use UE4.

Quote Originally Posted by O_and_N View Post
    if you register as a company before the game is finished,does that mean you have to pay things like tax,etc to the country you live in,even if you are still not making profit?In my case i was thinking in registering a few days before or even after uploading the finished product to steam.
    Good luck with the launch dude!!! Try to chat with Burnz or Coldscooter before if possible...
    You see a lot of advice on the forums about incorporating early especially regarding Steam.
    But its a really complex issue if you're not US based, and may even be if you are (Cali case).
    Plus you might just make a little but still fall foul of Fatca / OECD-crs rules without realizing.

What about ps4 any possibility over getting it to reach it = ?
    Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of Gladiator Manager Ancient Ludus RTS Gladiator Fighting

Also GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

SO can you still make games and sell them with UDK im confused, if that is a no , can you with this other engine you seem to have released. ?
    Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of Gladiator Manager Ancient Ludus RTS Gladiator Fighting

Also GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

lol, nice man! You way upped the bar for the pros
    @Snipe34 Please try to stay focused. TKBS