Accessing dedicated over internet?

I’m setting up a multiplayer game with a dedicated server. I have managed to create a dedicated server and I am able to connect clients to it over the LAN (through the “open [local IP address]” console command). I have a static public IP address in my studio and while clients can connect to it, they don’t see each other. Each client is alone. Does anyone know what could cause this and how to fix it?

Are you sure they are connecting to it and nit just connecting to the entry map? If you look in you’re logs does it show the login request and success message?

I haven’t tried it myself but from my experience with servers etc, the problem may be port related.
You might have to portforward your router for it to work. Steam uses something called tunneling, therefore they don’t experience that problem

Where can I find these logs?

We’re not using Steam. But I will look into our router configuration. Thank you!

when you create the server shortcut open up its properties and at the end enter -log . then when you run the server a cmnd log will open
there is instructions and images on the wiki guide i wrote found here

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Dedicated_Server_Guide_(Windows_%26_Linux)#Section_3_launching_and_joining_the_dedicated_server

Yes. I do this already.
I though you meant a log file somewhere on disk. Sorry.

YES!:slight_smile: That was the problem. Now it works. Thank you!

I’m happy you got it to work (=
You’re welcome