Modular 3D Asset Mega kit (Collaboration(?) UV Mapping/ Animation/ Blueprints)

Hey devs, I’m an illustrator, 3D artist and UE4 indie dev working on my own scifi game. I produce a lot of concept art drawing of scifi machines, robots, landscapes, etc.

I’ve always wanted to realise my concept art as a game so I started working in UE4 which is a lot of fun. I currently use a lot of premade assets from the marketplace but i haven’t really found what I’m looking for interms of building characters/landscapes, that’s when I realised maybe it’s time I start my journey making assets for the marketplace. The idea is to create a mega kit, one with tons of generic parts and updated regularly. When I say generic, I mean vents, properllers, signs, hatches and things that could be used for buildings, armour, vehicles and so on. I will also take into account popular plugins like Dungeon Architect so expect relatively flexible and use friendly assets.

So what do you think? Sorry I don’t have much as far as relevant examples, I’ve just attached some random 3D projects although these don’t reflect the kind of quality I’m aiming for.

37d32aa37a47984829e3826be9c4e6620baf60a4.jpeg

As you can see my concept art is mostly built up with lots of detailed invidual parts. As a result, I want this kit to be flexible enough that I can procedurally generate levels in this detail and of course other dev’s can too. :slight_smile:

fc43026b7f08879f6b5a8ce80d34b545a3cb45ba.jpeg
500px-A4D-006-METRO.png

Collaboration
As a side note, key to this project would be a streamlined workflow and so I would like to collab. Essientially I want to find one or two experience people to share the workload with, at the moment I’m mostly looking for someone who will UV map the created models I hand over. We could potentially also have an animator and blueprinter onboard but I suppose only if there’s enough demand to support us. Our goal will be to create a go to kit for devs so useful that we will gain Patreon supporters, this will directly tie into how regularly and ambitious we are with the kit. If you’re interested in this let me know.

Finally feel free to leave thoughts and suggestions. Maybe over the next week I will draw up a starter kit based on your feedback.