Is it me, or is it just a little overwhelming?

I’m still blown away that I have the Robo Recall project sitting in front of me. However, I can’t help feeling a little overwhelmed at the amount of content and stuff to learn.

How long do you think a tear-down and reconstruction of RR would take? Obviously, it depends on experience and a lot of other factors. I’m just looking for ballpark estimations.

We have been given a huge gift. The game and the tools and the support are absolutely top-notch. I expect to see great things out of the community.

Thats a tough one to answer dude because it really depends on what you’d like to do, or more importantly, what you can do right now. I see the guys from Epic have a tutorial section up that covers how to start modding. Have you looked at that yet?

lol its not you dude, ive been trying to get my head around it for a few days now and i’m still scratching it a lot, and yes its a huge gift thats going to take a while to fully unwrap!

That is perfectly normal, and while i did not looked over that project yet, i can imagine that it is quiet extensive and complex.

It will take around a year for a fast learner to get comfortable working on a project alone, because there are so many aspects and functionalities. Ofc, it also depends on your goals. If you are new to Unreal, I would advise to start with a small project and small goals, ie. start following a tutorial series.

Good thing is a lot has improved to earlier releases (basically much more stable), and there are for almost any task already examples or marketplace offers.

The tricky part is to learn to navigate through everything, to know how to do basic tasks, often something can take much longer than anticipated, just because someone is not aware of a node, or how to create that node, or what it could mean to use variables, or references, and how to do all this. Once you learned the basics and start something larger, you will be still overwhelmed from complexity, but just do one step at a time, and slowly it comes together.