Project: Turn off Turn Around Warning

Intro

**Update 2: **

Update: I decided to write some tutorials on what I learned while trying to make Robo Rampage. Check it out and post a reply if it doesn’t work for you.

1. Implementation for TurnOfWarning: Where to find the code that show the warning message and 2 ways of changing it inside your own Custom Pawn mod.
  2. Implemenation for Teleport Mod: How to change the teleport ability to not rotate your HMD after teleport. I’ll point to the code and 1 way of changing it. Not sure how people prefer teleportation but it is a start for other modders.
  3. Migrating Assets from UT2016 into Robo Recall: How to migrate assets (models, animation, sound, textures) from other Mod (UT2016, ARK, Conan, Squad) into Robo Recall.

Mod 1 TurnOffWarnings: “Turn Around” warning by making it very small 1 thousandth of the original size.

Tell me if it works for anyone. I couldn’t test it myself on the hub map. I am hosting it on Itch.io for free.

https://thegreenkel.itch.io/thegreenkels-robo-recall-mods
Implementation for TurnoffWarning mod**

1. Background: The warning message is a 3D mesh that is attached to the character called “TurnAroundCylinder”. This cylinder is toggle from invisible to visible inside the VR_Pawn->EventTick->Update Tracking Info graph.

2. There are 2 ways to turn it off or modify it

3. Make the “TurnAroundCylinder” mesh very small that it is essentially invisible. This should not interfere with any gameplay functionality.

&stc=1

1. Overwrite the EventTick, and set the “TurnAroundCylinder” mesh to be invisible.

&stc=1

1. You can find the original code in VR_Pawn

&stc=1

&stc=1

Implementation for Teleportation Mod**

1. Background: Teleport in RoboRecall changes your HMD orientation. You can quicky change this behavior so that it doesn’t rotate your HMD after teleport. Essentially you are always teleporting straight.
  2. The function that does the teleporting is called “Perform Teleport” it is inside the VR_Pawn.

&stc=1

1. In order to change the behavior, you can override it in your own Custom Pawn mod. Below I am override the “Perform Teleport” function in my custom pawn called RoboRampageVR_Pawn.

&stc=1

1. I then copy the original code from “Perform Teleport” inside VR_Pawn to “Event Perform Teleport” inside RoboRampageVR_Pawn.

&stc=1

1. It looks like the “TeleportRotation” affects the player rotation in some way. So modify it and see if it changed?

&stc=1

1. In order to test inside the Mod Editor, I changed the default VR_Pawn to RoboRampageVR_Pawn inside the Odin_GameMode.

&stc=1

**Migrating Assets from UT2016 into Robo Recall

1. Background: Art assets from mods available in the Epic Launcher are mostly compatible with each other. It is possible to get boobs from Conan, dinosaurs from ARK, and vehicles from Squad into Robo Recall. Codes are not transferable which mean anything with the word “Blueprint” can’t not be migrated.
  2. Step 1: Open UT2016 Editor. Select the folder you want to transfer. Right-click and select “Migrate”.

&stc=1

1. Step 2: Choose the main Robo Recall Content Directory in RoboRecallModKit\RoboRecall\Content

&stc=1

1. Step 3: The assets from UT2016 are now in the Content\RestrictAssets. Move this folder content into your RoboRecall Specific Mod folder. Choose “Move Content” after dragging the folder. In this example, I am moving Content\RestrictAssets folder into RoboRampage Content\UT2016\

&stc=1

1. Step 4: Use the assets.

&stc=1

Hey kelfire! Thanks for sharing.

Currently, Pawn mods do not affect the Hub - only the levels. I’d say pop into a map to see if it goes away :slight_smile:

Ah I see that the Hub uses the intro game mode and VR_Pawn_Intro.

Good job sir! Thx for sharing and documenting so well.