Teleportation system is not intuitive at all!

Many people in Reddit complaining this also. I cannot come up any reason why teleportation is always relative to pivot of your front.

Lets take scenario that happens really often: there is robot in your left. You want to grab it. You physically turn left to look at robot. Then you pull out teleport and set it to face robot. after teleporting, robot is in your left side, not in front, because game always assumes you are facing absolutely 0.0.0, straight into the front of your playspace.

I mean, we have direction arrow when teleporting, why not rotate player into direction of the arrow, no matter where we are physically facing? Now, its very confusing and i find myself looking at walls or be disorient almost every time i teleport

Someone on the Reddit explained why the mechanic was implemented, and why the problem happened pretty well: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5x1pil/the_design_of_roborecalls_teleport/

I’ve created a fix, but I can’t figure out how to get the game to use my new derived pawn when I load the mod. If I force it through the editor game mode setting, it’s great.

Pawn mods only take hold in missions - they don’t affect the Hub or starting levels. Have you tried to launch into a map with it enabled?

Keep us posted, !
I would love to get around this clunky teleport mechanic.

Agreed. There should be an option for 360 setups to disable that. Such a small thing to do, kinda strange how Epic didn’t include this from start.

OMG , REALLY!!! Simple smooth locomotion, 360 game playing, seriously!!! , We have to jump all these hoops to play a game as it should have been developed in the first place LMAO

My locomotion mod sorts out 360 and the teleport direction, you can turn off all locomotion in the custom options so it just leaves 360 and direction, or you can use full locomotion

Agree! It’s impossible to play. If I’m not facing to the computer the teleport system simply turns me in the opposite direction!
Why?! Why it does not follow the arrow?
Very disappointed and make me angry!
I just stop playing because of this…
There must be an option to turn it off! (((

In your mod teleportation system works nice! but I’m not able to play storyline with it :frowning: