Megascans, the road to awesomeness!

Hi everyone,

I’m building a small environment purely using Megascans and my intent is to discover:

1. How much time it saves me to use Megascans and Megascans Studio.
  2. How far I can go with Megascans.
  3. The gain in graphics vs regular textures.
  4. How Megascans can help setup an authentic biome.

I’ll be posting my work in progress screenshots here and the reason for doing so is to collect your invaluable feedback as your fresh eyes sees things that I can’t. My emphasis is to keep an acceptable amount of detail at various distances so I take a lot of close ups too.

https://i.imgur.com/vjPWIMU.jpg

Thank you, and the entire Quixel team!

I am still saving for this, can’t buy much from their packs yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks great so far.

Can you describe your workflow a little bit? Do you create the models in a modeling software by hand or do you use SpeedTree or something?

@order66, I create the meshes in 3Ds MAX. :slight_smile:

looks great! also interested to see your workflow a little bit.

Not long when you see next Avatar like movie in UE4, maybe some years more and greatness awaits. :smiley: Amazing quality.

Did a little work on the global lighting. It’s kind of tricky to have a lighting that works well for both normal view and zoomed in/cinematic view. Specially with the lack of a good ToD system like in Cryengine.

Looking good. Are we going to see some more forest based landscapes in the future from you? =P

Thanks. Maybeeeeee? :stuck_out_tongue: