How to handle large space

Hi all
I am using Revit to draw the model. And then export to 3ds and then unreal engine.

i have no issue with small buildings. however, when i have a large building, the computer really cant not handle the model. i tried with a gt950 graphic card and xenon chip.

Is there any way to set the machine to load a part of the model? and then when you walk around, it will load more?
I see there is an app in the Steam store, the googgle earth for VR. I see that they have the earth - the whole earth. THe software load part by part of the model which is quite good.
/

I am just wonder how can we do this??

By the way, is there any freelancer who can do rendering the model in Unreal with reasonable price?

Regards,

GT950 is not a great GPU, it’s on the lower-end, but if you’re having trouble importing then it could be the polygon count. Make sure you have Generate Lightmap UV’s disabled, since that will significantly increase import times. For some engineering and CAD models they can often have geometry that’s not ideal for games in that they could have many unnecessary polygons which will have a big impact bringing it into UE4.

Hi, the option of Generate Lightmap UV, is it in Unreal or in 3ds? What would you recommend to reduce the geometry?

It’s in the FBX Import window in UE4, it’s not a useful feature because it uses existing UV seams and if they are really bad already then it can’t make a good result.

If you have many objects and a high polygon count then it helps if you reduce the polygon count wherever you can, otherwise what I can recommend is splitting it up into multiple FBX files.

Hi,
I just try to splitting up in to different FBX files.
However, when I run the game - the computer can not handle the model :frowning:

I am just wondering, is there anyway to load like the area around (for example, 30 units) the character only?

It sounds like you should retopologize the house. Do you mind showing us the topo so we can better figure out what is going on with the import?