Darked out hieght map.

Hello,
Please bare with me, I have no clue what I’m talking about so the words like thingy, button thing, connected box things, ect my be used.

I learnt how to download a height map from terrain.party. I opened it up in a new level. I then followed an youtube learning on how to take and make a new material. it showed me how to use the connected box with wires thingy( landscape/layerblend and landscapelayercoords. and pick 3 textures rock, gravel, grass to make them all blend and have some depth. I copyed it exact as I saw the video. PROBLEM. I saved it and tried to use it in my landscape box thingy to make it active so I can paint. Screen stayed black. if I pick just a base terrain say grass, it loaded up and covered the intire map. but the blended one wouldn’t. also on the left side of my screen under paint it doesn’t show the 3 different textures I used so I cant paint at will. ??? I hope thid game you enough back woods info to help me.
Thanks

OH… I’m using 4.15 the new one my computer has the fastest Pentium made to date and 2 GeForce GTX 1080 running in sli with 64 ram.

Bit difficult to tell without seeing images, but here are some things to check:

1. Are any of the nodes in the material editor (the box with wires thingy) showing red errors?

2. Are the textureSample nodes reading in your image maps (are they black, or showing some kind of colour)?

3. I assume the YouTube tutorial told you to name the parameter in each layerblend node. Are they still named correctly?

4. Do you have more than 12 textureSample nodes?

5. Is the sphere in your material preview showing something other than black?

6. Have you assigned the material to your landscape?

7. When you click on the landscape, and go into ‘paint’ mode, do the material layers still not show up?

8. If they are there, do the material preview spheres show something other than black?

9. Is there a small + sign next to each material in your list, or are does each one have the name of a material attribute layer next to it?

Holy ****…
ok I will do this again and take some pics to send in with this… lol but I think the answers to the above are( in order 1 -9 ) NO, Black, YES, No, NO, YES, NO, NO, Not sure. lol I will start from scratch again and do a texture height blend ( I learned that) and take a picture. please hold
thanks again for helping me.

6dd9ecf2c7b18cc5c0a868bdeacebd0a2f4467c8.jpeghow can I get ride of these black stretch line. I cant seem to find where I do that.

i cant seem to paint on my texture and its selected in the right but no paint icons on the left
09865bb59b8e56e2aca804bad208c8d4fe15db86.jpeg

Here is a copy of the layer blend thing
59d16f76f14ecf42779aeb1491e74d75e1ef03ee.jpeg

I hope this helps. not sure what info i was suppose to give you or what you need.
thanks again