Lightmap quality - light leak / blending

Hi all !

I am working on a big appartment project. And before to add a lot of props, I need to have a perfect and clean walls.

But I tried many technics to optimise my lightmap’s uv, it’s still blending and weird…

On attached files, you can see my lightmap’s uv. I tried to respect lightmap’s rules ( spacing, square border etc… ), increase world settings ( scale 0.3 / quality 5 ), production build, etc…

The only solution is to increase the lightmap’s walls, but i saw a lot of project, people don’t need 1024 or 2048 resolution…

On my lightmap uv, I don"t use all space, because I tried to respect lightmap density.

How do you do to have a clean mesh ?

Thank,

D.

It looks like your walls/floors/ceilings extend beyond each other, any surface beyond the visible area will still receive shadow or light which will bleed into the room.

I’m not sure to understand.
I tried 2 solutions :

1/ 2 walls perfectly separated
2/ 2 walls interpenetrated themselves

the result is approximatively identical

I ve another issue : 2 parts of my floor, 1024 resolution lightmap, and they have different color after buildling…

The corners can’t intersect or have faces on the inside. The last issue is due to multiple meshes making a surface, you need to make the floor a single mesh.

I have same issue on the wall.
I can’t do all my appartment in once element ??!

I deleted face one intersection mesh, it is better like this ?

You can see here, the screen. It s not my scene. He has the floor in 3 parts, and no color issue :confused:
How is it possible ?

I m still without solution :confused:

Still have 2 problems… weird, and different color between 2 similar surface…

last test in date : the wall with only 1 side, and big shell encompass the appartment. Not fantastic to…

Why it’s so difficult to have just a simple clean piece in this engine ?? :mad: