How hard is it to transfer to new versions

I have a main game new ready for release in 4.14, a newer game in 4.15 and I’m wondering how risky it is to import assets or older versions of projects. I have some space scenes in 4.13 and some music in 4.13. Is it bad to just export all the assets to a 4.15 project to release my main game in 4.15?

The reason is the new engine will give my game a huge boost due to how I use AI and have a very cpu/gpu intensive game. 4.15 has great optimizations that will give decent framerate boosts.

Music and environment assets shouldn’t change much if at all between engine versions. Typically programming related assets are where you want to be careful when migrating from version to version.

Programming as in blueprints? If I wanted to take an entire project and export it over what things would get corrupted? Is that even feasible or smart?

I always upgrade to the .2 or .3 version of whatever the current update is (and skip the very first one). Problems are fairly common During upgrades but usually nothing fatal. I would clear a block of time for it because it may take longer then expected. Nothing should be “corrupted”. But you may have to dig into your blueprints and solve some new compile errors.

Make sure u upgrade with a copy of your project though