Rigging + Animation Pipeline?

I’m using Modo for this and don’t expect my models to be high poly (below 15,000).

What does a streamlined Pipeline look like for a game where I’ve effectively got to make unique animations / rigs for each character?

I read a post by Riot Games recently (on phone so link as soon as I’m done due to low ram) which states that they have a rigging system that lets their riggers attach “rig components” like a “jiggle tail” and create the skeleton much faster that way.

So tldr is there a way to “quick-rig” say, a Bulbasaur if I’ve got to or have already rigged a Mudkip? I ask because weight painting isn’t coming easy thus far. It’s a lot to take in and I haven’t even entirely understood the UE4 animation system. Just trying to save time where possible.

Can’t seem to edit the post on mobile.

Epic has something called “ART Tools”, but Epic uses Maya so the tool is for Maya only I think; maybe there’s a version for Blender too, not sure.

You can always rig it in Mixamo, download their Control Rig script and fire away. It’s for Maya though, but worth a try for someone new to this.

Using Blender I used an add on called auto rig (the latest update only) I took a low poly mesh that my friend made in Zbrush, then I used auto rig in Blender. Then with Auto Rig I exported the game engine rig (for Unity and Unreal), that enabled me to re-target all the SK_Mannequin mocap files in Unreal to my own mesh. Frogman test, Blender to Unreal AutoRig capabilities. - YouTube Blender auto rig is available here…Auto-Rig Pro - Blender Market