Brief Battles - Couch gaming platform fighter

Ahoy Unreal Community!

I’m from two-man indie dev team Juicy Cupcake from Adelaide, Australia.

We’re currently developing Brief Battles, a couch gaming platform fighter, where you battle your friends using super-powered underpants!

Here’s the Brief:
*May your butt reign supreme in Brief Battles, use your underpants to fight your friends in this fast-paced couch gaming platform fighter!

Conquer your foes with flaming hot pants, buns of steel, toxic tighty whities and more. Brief Battles features over-the-top gameplay, colourful heroes, ridiculous game modes and hilarious combat powers.*

Brief Battles is our first major title. We’ve been working on the project for a year or so now, but the we’ve taken a lot from an older demo / game-jam-like project of ours where we originally developed the core wall climbing and movement mechanics, along with beginnings of the art style. Though we recreated it from the ground up once we knew what we were doing :slight_smile:

The game is driven by 95% blueprints at the moment, for anyone who may be interested.

Currently we’re working on new content in game, but we’ve also been spending a lot of time on polish lately, some of which is clearer in our latest gameplay video:

We have just launched a Greenlight for Brief Battles, which also has a lot more general info about the game if you want to know more.

If anyone has time to check it out, vote yes and drop a comment on the page it would be hugely appreciated!**

Greenlight link in browser: Steam Community :: Error
Open directly in Steam (PC): https://goo.gl/so5ALA

If you’ve made it this far, thanks for checking out Brief Battles! We’re always looking for feedback if you would like to comment. I’ll aim to update this thread with any new content.

Cheers,

Andrew

In game screenshots:

Quick #screenshotsaturday update!

Lately Tim’s been working on interactive assets for various Brief Battles regions + team game mode variants. I’ve been greyboxing and finalising new arenas + prepping assets, though most of my time is around our greenlight right now. Our planned date took a hit with the announcement of Steam Direct, it’s been crazy crowded with submissions :stuck_out_tongue:

WIP screenshot of a map in a new region blocked out:
c7a6af1a7bcc525c59324d027e352034d7d81bfe.jpeg

New foliage assets for an upcoming region - Made in Blender, hand painted textures in photoshop:

It’s been a slow process trying to find the right quality vs performance trade off with the foliage and still having the trees light and look the way I like, but I think they are nearing completion. Any tips / feedback would be great!

I’ll aim to post some more WIP assets in game if anyone is interested at some point :slight_smile:

This looks really fun! needs a mac version :wink: Voted!

:smiley: Thanks for the support Anadin! We don’t have a heap of resources behind us so a Mac version might not be there for release but it’s something we’ll certainly consider if the game is going well. We’d want to make sure we have time to do it right :slight_smile:

It’s looking great. how to download these games?

Quick Brief Battles update! We’ve just added a new Icy arena gameplay video in our latest greenlight announcement. If anyone hasn’t checked it out yet, giving your judgement with a vote and comment would be hugely appreciated. Feedback would be amazing!

Cheers for the feedback :smiley: It’s not available on to download at the moment, but it is on Greenlight if you want support it or leave feedback there :slight_smile:
**Greenlight link in browser: **Steam Community :: Error
Open directly in Steam (PC): https://goo.gl/so5ALA

It’s fantastic to officially announce this!

Brief Battles is on the way to Xbox One & PC in early 2018.

If fighting your friends with underpants sounds like something you’re into, be sure to check out the announcement trailer:

More new info at briefbattles.com

Feedback / support and sharing on social networks appreciated!
https://twitter.com/thejuicycupcake