WWII Level

Hello everybody.
I started this level in 2012 in ue3, I made a lot of stuff in few months, but I left it on hold all this time.
Finally, I took the take and I hope to finish it in summer. The idea is made some shaders with substance designer for practice and fun, but I prefer ue4.
Hope you like it, I’m sorry, the first images are very old, from the whitebox to the last one.
You can check all the updates chronologicaly in my blog (spanish)
nicoasoto.blogspot.com
All critics and opinions are wellcome.
Thanks.

And finally I put everything in ue4.

No negative comments initially I thought it was missing something but the video showed it perfectly. Love the architecture and the focal points are perfectly spaced.

One query which I may have overlooked but from my perspective always showed the era, overhead wiring in the streets like telephone lines I always find we tend to hide these completely or go over the top, maybe nearby the destroyed bridge could have a broke one then once complete some physics like sparks and smoke to show that just happened effect.

Anyway amazing work I can only hope of getting a similar quality in my project :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your feedback. It’s true, I love leaving top parts full of wires, cables, chains etc…I’ll do it.
I’m not very happy with this bridge, in fact there’s no reason to be there and I should fix or made some scaffold for it.
On the other side, and here comes my questions. I made a VC master material, I don’t know if is possible making some
similar in substance designer. I prefer doing it in ue4 but as I said, I’ll try to make mostly of the shaders in SD.
I’ll appreciatte your help.

Looks very nice. But i have one question, is everything connected? like are the moddels seprate peces?

Thanks Kevindt123. Some parts are attached and some parts are modulable tiles, small parts like windows. The thruth is I started this long time ago and I didn’t realize to make all parts modulables.
Is not a problem now, I only want this level for testing purposes, shader practices and finally a cinematic. I doesn’t matter to me framerate. So I’m testing dynamic lights with LPV for now.