How to use Pre-skinned local normal (or position) material nodes to overlay textures on characters?

It seems like you can use these nodes to create new UVs suitable for world aligned textures that also move with the character. I’m wondering if it’s possible to extract a part of the mesh and apply a texture to that part only, for example if you want to add a tattoo. Is this possible? Also, are there any examples we can try out? (since there isn’t any documentation from what I could see)

I’m really getting ****** of this i try to figure out how to use it but no doc on it… just tried to use customized UVs (on the material settings you can add some inputs with that name) but it applies for every texture without coordinate i think. i’m really struggling i hope someone can help us hope it helped you anyway here is the thing

That is because you used CUV0. That replaces the UV coordinate 0. Use another one if that isn’t what you want.

Also custom UVs are V2, but the position and normal are V3. That means you need to pack them.

bf66a2651bb5cfb5366f88055ade932229ae95ed.jpeg

2 Likes