Help Needed In Starting.

I am a young man who wants to eventually create his own video game company. But, I am not unwise and think I can do this tomorrow. I know that this will take years. The first step I want to take is while learning C++ thru the Udemy course listed at this link (https://www.udemy.com/unrealcourse/learn/v4/overview). However, I would like to try and take the first baby steps in creating a large trading card game and have pseudo-coded what I can tell is the entire game. In outline form it is about twenty pages long, so I won’t put the whole thing out. First step is understanding how to make a menu.

So here is what I would like in Pseudo code.

1. Menu
    A. List center middle left of screen
    I. Play
    a. clickable. Does no Action
    II. Quit
    b. When clicked closes game
    B. Image
    C. Background Music
    D.Background Image

From what I slightly understand about the game is that this will all be under one scene called Menu. In this I will have to create a canvas object and in the script or in the in game editor have it size an asset which is a jpeg (or other type of picture document).

So Starting from step one. what are the exact steps in making this happen. Just this first part of making a Background image.

Hello KingLeo47,

I think creating a project as big as the one you would like to create is a little bit tough for a first (big) project. I think you should learn Oriented Object programming with C++ (not with the UE framework first) and create some game prototypes with C++ under UE after to get ready.

I think taht when you broke into Unreal Engine programming for a while, the conception (the reflexion part of the creation of your game) will be clearer.

Cheers! :wink: