Recommendation for utility that checks your system's health ...

Hello everyone,

I am looking for an utility I can download for free off the web that can do a diagnostic
of my Asus ROG g752 VT laptop.
Windows 10.
Something that I can install and run and wont break my computer :slight_smile:
I found this link but I am not sure which one to get.
I wanna look specifically at the health of my motherboard, RAM chips and Bios.

Any thoughts?

1. Angry IP Scanner is a nice tool to have. In a nutshell, it scans your network to see which IP addresses and ports are being used by which devices.
  2. Not many people know about AdwCleaner, it’s fantastic. It’s just a simple malware scanner, but it’s fast, efficient, and free, which is all anyone can ask for.
  3. WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for various versions of Microsoft Windows.

Ok thanks you know I think it was Avast.
Problems began right after I installed it and since I uninstalled it 4 days ago zero crashes.
So looks like that was it.
I am really afraid of anything that will mess around with how my system works, make it more efficient, clean it up, etc.
I think that is the whole problem.
These apps don’t really “understand” my machine and messes it up.
I think that was the case with Avast it had some kind of system optimization thing on by default.
I think that was the whole problem.

Use Malwarebytes as your antivirus it is a good software . I use it too . Avast might have been the issue but I can’t be too sure about it until I am able to analyse the issue . But, if you insist maybe what I can suggest is Malwarebytes .

I think the only real answer is “who knows?” :slight_smile:

I swear by kaspersky. Has kept me safe for many years.
And their free boot disc has saved more than a dozen computers for me.

Yeah, WIN 10 is messing with me as well.
I just disconecct and only use the internet with linux If I can.