FOUND THE ERROR, BUT DON"T know how to fix it (sigh)

IN the 20th series Video on this inventory RPG system at Timeframe 5:40 that Titanic Games guy had the ItemInfo variable already showing up in his defaults list so he was able to link up the pins up on the Set Equipment Slot Function with the Set ItemInfo’s node and set it to the correct panel slot…

My Inventory Panel is stuck in this endless loop. So everytime I pick up my items off the ground and click an item
on my inventory panel, it does nothing because the items are refreshing all the time back on the inventory panel instead of transferring over into the Equipment Panel Weapons Slot when I double click the slot to transfer.

I can’t break out of this stubborn loop because the pin on the dark blue set node keeps on rejecting the Equipment
Slot Panel node pin on the function node. But if I change the pin type from UI Equipment Slot to UI Inventory Slot, on the function then it will link the pins up and the error goes all away, but guess what? all that is doing is just linking
back the inventory panel onto itself but that’s the only way this target pin on my function node will link up with that dark blue set ItemInfo node.

I’m unable to link up the Equipment Slot into the Inventory Class Panel because the pins Classes are not
compatible and I don’t know how to fix this type of problem and I can’t create the ItemInfo
variable in the local blueprint class because the engine has second thoughts, coughing up saying that
Another function or Variable Parameter is using that variable. in other words, its mine, hands off, I had it first.

My inventory panel is stuck in a loop forever looping back all on itself.

And what’s really frustrating about this, is that its showing nothing up in the defaults list
or in the local BP class list so i can try and break the loop to fix it.

Something went wrong with one of the pin classes and its locked my blueprint out of the system.

Drag of the slot pin so that the menu appears. Check the context sensitive box.
Type “Item Info”.
If the UI Equipment Slot class has that variable, it will show up.

Ahhh I see so if it don’t accept the variable in UI Equipment blueprint all because the function node has hijacked it
then I can assign the variable instead to UI Equipment Slot component within the blueprint to bypass that function
hijacking I didn’t realize that’s what the function node would do. Thanks a lot Stelnar1, that has fixed the trouble. The pin is pointing to the correct panel now and has resolved the conflict and now its using the correct class.

I’m unable to debug this on my own. But here’s the The Problem in greater detail.

Your suggestion did fix up the pin, but it didn’t resolve the Widget problem. For soon as I hit Play, the mouse cursor immediately shows up on the screen and locks the keyboard, (which is wrong) when that mouse cursor is up on the screen the game camera is locked, I can’t hit the I key to open up the inventory window. Its blocking it.

The only way I can unlock the keyboard is to press the fire button again on the mouse to make the mouse cursor dissapear now the camera is able to move around again. Now I can then press the I key and the inventory window then opens up. Now when I open up the inventory window, the Mouse cursor then pops up again on the screen and I can move the camera around and move around also in the game while the inventory window is open and its panels are clickable.

I hit the F key to pick up the item, and it appears up in the inventory panel.

But soon as I hit the R key to try to bring up also the Equipment Character Preview Panel, (the window to equip items on the character) The inventory panels are no longer clickable anymore, i can’t close the inventory panel window down when I hit the I key again it just redraws it up again on the screen over the top of the first (not normal).

Even if I bring up the Equipment Window first and then bring up the Inventory Window, now both windows
are active but the items are still not clicking over into the Equipment Window from the Inventory window.

I don’t know where in the code its causing this strange behavior.

Could be a million things. Post the node setup that happens when you click the inputs that has issues.
May also want to post the designer windows.

As for the inventory drawing over itself; when you ‘bring up the inventory’ you actually create a new widget?
If you create a new widget, that widget is going to have the default look. Eg, you put an item in the inventory, close it, create a new inventory widget, now that item is no longer there. Well, depending on the setup you can go around that. But point is to not create new widgets every event.

Let’s take the equipment widget as an example. First you create the widget. Let’s call this widget A, and add it to viewport.
Now you want to hide it, so you press R. When that happens, you create a new widget, let’s call it widget B. So you have 2 equipment widgets on screen.
So you press R again, and sure you hide widget B, but A is still there.
Press R again, create a new widget.

There are probably a multitude of problems at work here, probably unrelated to each other.
But the first step to fixing this, is to stop creating widgets every event and work with references.

Apart from that, I’m not seeing much from the screen shot - literally.

The Inventory And Equipment Panels take up about 15-20 Functions.

Hmmm I do know that Both the Inventory Panel and also the Equipment Panel are using the same Interface BPI_Inventory. since there could be many causes, its probably not going to be an easy issue to resolve.