Can Someone Please Help me with this RIG... im about to give up.

I have followed tutorial after tutorial and i can not for the life of me make any vehicle move.

I created my own vehicle i modeled after a mario kart just to try and see if i can bring my own work
into Unreal and make it work. But every tutorial i follow is either one side of the workflow or the other.

I have been at this for 6 days straight. About to give up. Nothing seems streamline. I have been tutorial
hunting for DAYS…

and not one tutorial can tell me why a vehicle had only 5 parts in unreal… the body + 4 wheels
but when i do it… i get 6. 4 wheels plus the body… plus the other end of the body bone.
14ee856f6e.png

no one can tell me if my 0.0.0 Root object should be a nul… or if it should be IN the car or if it should be on
the same level as the driving surface.

I dont know why but when i Bind my wheel to a bone it is not affected by the bone movements.

067c1cd5c3.gif

Can anyone take a look at these files and maybe see what i did wrong. I have been trying to get this car to move in
unreal forever… im so frustrated i could break stuff. :frowning:

C4D File
FBX file

There are no vertex groups / weights on your wheels. So they don’t rotate with your bones.

Hi, I recently had this kind of nightmare, but I was using Blender.
For me what solve the problem were the following:

• Root bone at 0,0,0
  • Root bone pointing to +X
  • Child Bones disconnected from Root bone and in case of wheels they had to be pointing to +Y, if you are going to use the WheeledVehicle class that is how it has to be (at least for blender).

It’s no big deal, but it took me a while to figure out those things.

I hope it helps you.

Everything I have read and tutorial watched said all 8 needed to do was click the bone and tire at the same time and click bind… I did that… It worked for them immediately but not for me… Not sure what I’m doing wrong

Dude, how could I make a video tutorial? I’m looking for a way to do the blender but I could not … could you help me? Thank you

Try this Rig:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/894o4bvt18ebgsk/X_rig_0001.c4d

Using the Sedan skeleton, so it should be easier to set up in UE4.

The model itself needs some serious optimisation.
But i guess you know that.