User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 4.15 Released!

when enabling hiDPI the interface and the viewport has to render x4 pixels, but that shouldn't make an empty scene run at 19fps
    Why do you think so? The deferred renderer pays a higher "up front" cost, in order to pay less per light you use. The 750 is so old, it may have trouble doing the final compositing stage where all the different buffers (normal, color, depth, light contribution, etc) are finally shaded to an output color, and that may be causing your frame rate.

Anyway, another thing that could be going on is, perhaps you're using the Intel built-in GPU instead of the 750? That's something to look into.

When it comes to making the viewport smaller, perhaps the editor re-renders the entire GUI every frame; if that's the case, then the frame rate should go up if you resize the editor window to me much smaller than the screen; i e frame rate should be linearly proportional to number of pixels covered by the editor window. In that case, you are totally fill rate limited, and only a better GPU or smaller window will solve it.

Here are some rough measurements (with the default level):

1) ue 4.15, no hiDPI mode, interface full screen, viewport 1064x472 (out of 1440x900): 60 fps (capped)
    2) ue 4.15, hiDPI, interface full screen, viewport 2208x944 (i.e. same as before, only retina, so 4x pixels) 20 fps
    3) ue 4.15, hiDPI, interface full screen, viewport 1064x472 (i.e. viewport reduced to 1/4) 37 fps
    4) ue 4.15, hiDPI, interface 1/4 of the screen, viewport scaled as to reproduce initial situation: 60 fps

So sure, fill-rate limited. However in case 3), the scene is as costly to render as in 1, so the drop in fps comes from rendering the rest of UI at 4x resolution (compared to 1). Perhaps that can be improved by optimising UI rendering code as for example, in Unity, hiDPI rendering is not that much costly, even with deferred rendering.

p.s. pretty sure I am not using the integrated gpu because of the fan noise I hear

I can't create the UnrealMatch3 project for 4.15, is anyone else getting that problem?

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleMonk View Post
    I can't create the UnrealMatch3 project for 4.15, is anyone else getting that problem?
    We are aware of the issue and taking steps to resolve it.

Thanks
    Stephen Ellis | Lead Engine Support Technician | Epic Games | @TheEpicStephen
    How to report a bug | >>Click here to report a bug<<

Incredible update. Thanks for all of the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    We are aware of the issue and taking steps to resolve it.

Thanks
    Oki doki, thanks for the quick reply, and looks like it's working now too!
    Last edited by RumbleMonk; 03-07-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Is there an ETA for 4.15.1 yet ?
    From UE4, Stephen Ellis in this post:-
    We are targeting a week or two from now, once everyone is back from GDC, we've addressed the most important issues, and have fully quality-tested the update.
    And it was typed in 3rd March.. so I guess the latest date would be 17 March or so..

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleMonk View Post
    Oki doki, thanks for the quick reply, and looks like it's working now too!
    Yes, the issue was just recently fixed.

Cheers.

Soooo since VS2017 is out now, when can we expect UnrealVS supporting VS2017 RTM? Because UnrealVS does not work under VS2017 RTM, at least not for me :S

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by TriNityGER View Post
    Soooo since VS2017 is out now, when can we expect UnrealVS supporting VS2017 RTM? Because UnrealVS does not work under VS2017 RTM, at least not for me :S
    How is vs2017 intellisence struggling with UE codebase?
    I am planning to move soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yata View Post
    How is vs2017 intellisence struggling with UE codebase?
    I am planning to move soon.
    Subjectively it is faster, though I haven't made any specific tests. It also depends on what features you installed. I only have C# and C++ tools installed, so its quite slim.

Looking forward to the hotfix

Recently typing LERP in the material editor brings up Lerp multiple Float 2 as first guess and not Linear Interpolation. It's a small thing but a bit annoying. Would it be possible to change it back?

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by TriNityGER View Post
    Please see: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-42756

Quote Originally Posted by reok
    Looking forward to the hotfix
    We are working to release the 4.15.1 Hotfix as soon as it is ready. We are currently targeting this week.

EDIT: To accommodate additional fixes and allow ample testing, the 4.15.1 hotfix release is now being targeted for the week of March 20th.

Cheers
    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 03-16-2017 at 07:43 AM. Reason: hotfix target update

Hello Epic Team!

I update my blueprint project to the new version, I currently use arrays to save actors, my project makes use of these arrays to create maps on the scene according to a maximum of maps per scene ... so I'm deleting and adding maps dynamically according to certain conditions. I made the change of the arrays by TMaps, but after some time of execution of my application, the engine freezes, without throwing any error, it simply freezes. I think that the TMaps do not have any validation in the handling of Ids, Everything works before id 50, since when in the TMap I have the values 45,46,47,48,49 with a maximum of 5 maps per scene, I delete the 45 and I try to add the 50, do not add it and freeze the engine.

PD: TMap -> Id(Integer) - STRUCT {ActorClass(Actor), Type(Enum), ChildId(Integer)} (STR_SavedMaps)

Please help me with this, my project is already finished, i need just this to sell it in the marketplace

Regards!
    Last edited by ZXC Labs; 03-17-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZXC Labs View Post
    I delete the 45 and I try to add the 50, do not add it and freeze the engine.
    I just recently made a bug report about either this exact problem or something very similar to it.
    I get the feeling that it is the result of removing many elements at once, followed by adding a new element.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/577440/crash-bug-may-be-caused-by-adding-removing-many-ma.html
    (scroll down to my reply for a simple repro example)

Let the crashing begin, I have had this problem since version 4.14, can someone please for the love of god look into this, ive did the whole disable realtime thumbnails thing, helped maybe a little. Here is a video of it happening in real time, you don't have to watch the whole video but watch just a few minutes of it and you can see the repro steps.

**Warning May Be Some Cursing**

https://youtu.be/ObGBGv-SEOE?t=1220

Unreal Engine Developer
    UPDATE!

The 4.15.1 Hotfix is now live! This hotfix resolves over 40 important issues in the 4.15 release.

Fixed in 4.15.1

Fixed! UE-42385 Crash adding an AnimComposite to itself
    Fixed! UE-41929 Crash on reimport animation when there is an additive animation track and fbx frame number is different
    Fixed! UE-41921 Crash Re-Importing animation with Additive Layer Tracks after adding a bone to the hierarchy
    Fixed! UE-41817 Crash when manipulating Bone Space IK before setting EffectorSpaceBoneName
    Fixed! UE-40025 Inconsistant Line Trace behavior
    Fixed! UE-42756 UnrealVS not installing correctly for VS2017
    Fixed! UE-42321 Unable to launch project from Visual Studio using installed engine build
    Fixed! UE-42411 Resource files are not recompiled when Version.h changes
    Fixed! UE-42205 Hot reload reported as failed in Visual Studio for projects opened in the Editor after having hot reloads performed successfully previously
    Fixed! UE-42507 check(PIEInstanceID != -1) fails when executing SeamlessTravel
    Fixed! UE-42480 SetVectorParameterValueOnMaterials In Construction Script Not Working in Packaged Game
    Fixed! UE-42459 BP nativization doesn't work with localized text
    Fixed! UE-42166 Crash when pressing Ctrl-Z after creating a blueprint function
    Fixed! UE-41893 Child blueprints cannot override functions if their parent was nativized
    Fixed! UE-41168 Crash opening blueprint when a node class has been removed (e.g., anim blueprint with Ragdoll node with Immediate Mode plugin disabled)
    Fixed! UE-42209 Incorrect error message when child actor mobility doesn't match
    Fixed! UE-42253 Enum Element Names Reset on Project Upgrade
    Fixed! UE-42375 No input received from Raw Input device when packaged for 32bit
    Fixed! UE-39884 Foliage LODs do not appear to use the base LODs lightmap any longer
    Fixed! UE-42390 Ad banner is displayed incorrectly on Android 7.0 devices
    Fixed! UE-42361 Slate UI asset colors washed out on iOS
    Fixed! UE-42191 Scene Captures not working on Android
    Fixed! UE-42036 Exposure Is More Extreme In High-End Mobile Preview Modes
    Fixed! UE-42368 Find Sessions Consistently Returning Results Length of 0
    Fixed! UE-42452 No textures listed when selecting material
    Fixed! UE-42789 Rebuilding lighting not saving rebuilt light data
    Fixed! UE-42196 Static meshes with auto-generated LODs can no longer share lightmaps between LODs
    Fixed! UE-42179 Crash in FStreamingTextureLevelContext::GetBuildDataIndexRef
    Fixed! UE-42165 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Renderer!FReflectionEnvironmentSceneData::ResizeCubemapArrayGPU() [reflectionenvironment.cpp:215]
    Fixed! UE-42102 Cooked build size increase due to MIC problem
    Fixed! UE-41950 GitHub 3252 : Added MobileMaterialInterface to UsedMaterials
    Fixed! UE-29491 Eye Adaption is incorrect at any size other than Fullscreen in PIE
    Fixed! UE-42554 Regression: Visibility property is not seen in the animation track in UMG
    Fixed! UE-42210 Crash when using Ctrl+Z to undo a single digit change in the size of a widget
    Fixed! UE-41829 Crash scrubbing through sequencer when playing montage from old assets
    Fixed! UE-42665 Update default super search engine to Bing
    Fixed! UE-42428 Enabling "Show Only Modified Properties" causes details panel menu to disappear
    Fixed! UE-42312 Crash when saving a Data Table that is referencing itself in a Data Table Row Handle
    Fixed! UE-35606 Crash when Importing .OBJ using the File > Import into Level Option
    Fixed! UE-42669 "Package localization ID mismatch during cook!" log spam
    Fixed! UE-41797 Update to Korean localization
    Fixed! UE-42106 Edge case where cursor can become hidden in gameplay
    Fixed! UE-42631 Stereo off while prox sensor uncovered causes low framerate
    Fixed! UE-42576 Oculus crash on "stereo on" when the proximity sensor is not triggered.
    Fixed! UE-42101 [daydream] Black screen with FirstPersonTemplate and 4.15P4
    Fixed! UE-41604 Integrate fix for improper failure case for allocation of RenderTargets in Oculus
    Fixed! UE-41568 Need to enable GearVR on Win64 platforms

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find by following the How To Report a Bug Guide

As far as I can tell, there's no Perforce label for this hotfix. What CL number or label should we be using?

Quote Originally Posted by iamjustagamer75 View Post
    Let the crashing begin, I have had this problem since version 4.14, can someone please for the love of god look into this, ive did the whole disable realtime thumbnails thing, helped maybe a little. Here is a video of it happening in real time, you don't have to watch the whole video but watch just a few minutes of it and you can see the repro steps.

I have the same issue where the editor crash a whole lot when opening animation/skeleton stuff but the funny thing is when I'm using the Robo Recall UE editor for animation stuff, it never crashed.

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ddbrown30 View Post
    As far as I can tell, there's no Perforce label for this hotfix. What CL number or label should we be using?
    Hi ddbrown30.

Stay tuned for a news post on the UDN for those with P4 access. We've changed the process a little, and I'll communicate that out as soon as the release in P4 is updated.

Cheers

Infiltrator
    In the release notes it says:

Changed the minimum supported macOS version setting in Info.plists to 10.11.6.

However, when I build my game (Development) on 10.11.6, I get this link error:
    Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MTLFunctionConstantValues", referenced from:
    objc-class-ref in UE4-MetalRHI.a(Module.MetalRHI.cpp.o)
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    Which makes me think the minimum platform is actually 10.12 ?

Where do I go to Download 4.15? I've looked everywhere on the website and I still have version 4.14.3.

Quote Originally Posted by QueazyWhisper48 View Post
    Where do I go to Download 4.15? I've looked everywhere on the website and I still have version 4.14.3.
    Hey QueazyWhisper48! You can download the latest engine version by opening up the Epic Games launcher [search Epic Games Launcher in your start menu] > click on 'Library' on the left > click "Add Versions" on the top.

Hi ddbrown30.

Stay tuned for a news post on the UDN for those with P4 access. We've changed the process a little, and I'll communicate that out as soon as the release in P4 is updated.

Cheers
    Could we skip the process change during a point release? I was looking forward to a quick sync on UE4-QA as we have for 15 major and ?? point releases; and I am sure most devs that fetch this way would agree...

Not trying to be lazy, but this just induced an army worth of 3-way diffs for no reason.

Just quoting myself, to say that in v4.15.1 this crashing I am having is just as bad as it has been since v4.14 forward, all version beyond 4.13.2 are nothing but a crash fest for me that video shows what its like.........back to 4.13.2 again it seems that will be the only version I will be able to use from here on out (

Unreal Engine Developer
    You are experiencing this crash, which we are actively investigating: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-42280

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson Company
    I have the same issue where the editor crash a whole lot when opening animation/skeleton stuff but the funny thing is when I'm using the Robo Recall UE editor for animation stuff, it never crashed.
    For the above crash, it is not surprising that the Robo Recall Editor doesn't crash, because it uses the new Forward Renderer, which has been identified as a potential workaround for this issue (but be aware the Forward Renderer may not be ideal to use depending on the project you are developing).

Thanks for the reply..........lesigh this bug is getting old and on my last nerve........

Not sure if this is a new feature or not, but I just noticed there's now a 'single instance mode' in the foliage editor. Just wanted to say you guys are awesome and it's like you read my mind with these updates. Thanks Epic!
    Doug Davis | 3D Environment Artist | Portfolio

Great work on the hotfix! Cheers!

This hasn't been fixed ether that or the Dev testing it just flagged it as fixed because he never tested the issue out on a packaged project, the issue wasn't visible when testing within the editor.

Updated to 4.15.1 yesterday, everything seems tight.

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by OverRated_AU View Post

This hasn't been fixed ether that or the Dev testing it just flagged it as fixed because he never tested the issue out on a packaged project, the issue wasn't visible when testing within the editor.
    Hi OverRated_AU.

UE-42368 was fixed by an engineer, tested internally and verified that the reported issue was resolved for the reproduction steps that we had. I see that you have responded on the original Answerhub post (https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/567746/networking-session-bug-empty-results-with-415.html) and we will follow-up there.

Cheers

Hi OverRated_AU.

UE-42368 was fixed by an engineer, tested internally and verified that the reported issue was resolved for the reproduction steps that we had. I see that you have responded on the original Answerhub post (https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/567746/networking-session-bug-empty-results-with-415.html) and we will follow-up there.

Cheers
    Thanks Stephen.

@Stephen Ellis Are you already aware of any engine startup crashes like this one which started to happen in 4.15 on AMD (with possibly older drivers) having the following callstack?:
    Code:
    Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x909005f3

FD3D11DynamicRHI::InitD3DDevice() [d:\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\windows\windowsd3d11device.cpp:1080]
    RHIInit() [d:\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\dynamicrhi.cpp:181]
    FEngineLoop::PreInit() [d:\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1644]
    GuardedMain() [d:\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:127]
    GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:147]
    WinMain() [d:\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:210]
    __scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
    kernel32.dll!0x000000007745336A
    ntdll.dll!0x0000000077B89902
    ntdll.dll!0x0000000077B898D5
    ntdll.dll!0x0000000077B898D5

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrieshofer View Post
    Stephen Ellis Are you already aware of any engine startup crashes like this one which started to happen in 4.15 on AMD (with possibly older drivers) having the following callstack?
    Hi dgrieshofer.

I'm sorry to hear that your users are experiencing this, but no, unfortunately this is not a known issue to us. Our QA tests with AMD cards have not uncovered any issue, and I am not currently aware of any other developers reporting a similar issue.

It seems that your user's crashes are being reported to our CrashReporter service. I've looked at a few, unfortunately they contain no callstack or source code reference on our end. This typically means that the crash is not occurring in the default engine code, but rather in custom code.

Cheers

Hi ddbrown30.

Cheers
    Any update on when this will be complete? There are a couple fixes in there that we're clamoring for.

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ddbrown30 View Post
    Any update on when this will be complete? There are a couple fixes in there that we're clamoring for.
    Hi again!

It actually is and has been since Monday. Sorry, we've realized that the News posts on the UDN aren't sending emails currently and we're looking into that. Please see the post in the UE4 > News section on the UDN. If you have any other questions, please make a post on the UDN.

Cheers

Hi again!

It actually is and has been since Monday. Sorry, we've realized that the News posts on the UDN aren't sending emails currently and we're looking into that. Please see the post in the UE4 > News section on the UDN. If you have any other questions, please make a post on the UDN.

Cheers
    Is there some documentation of how to correctly get hotfixes using the stream system?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast