User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4.15 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    In the project settings you can chose which VS you want to use, set that to 2017. For a source build, you have to run the GenerateProjectFiles.bat with -2017 argument to generate a VS2017 UE4.sln
    I have a binary build. Setting "Compiler" to "VS 2017" in the project settings doesn't make the "Generate project files" menu generate 2017 files.

Quote Originally Posted by TriNityGER View Post
    Is VS2017 fully supported in 4.15? Official VS17 Release is very soon so I'd like to upgrade as fast as possible
    I've been using 2017RC on 4.15 and its previews... And, inside of Editor settings you can select which version you want to use... So, I think we're good.

teak
    "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
    -- Willy Wonka

twitter: @teak421 -- Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.14: here.
    Source Build with Optional Plugin Tutorial: here.

@WolfvanVeen: What do you not like about the new one? It has a much nicer value range

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    @WolfvanVeen I would also consider the new tone mapping. Try turning it back to the old tone mapping method and see if it changes anything. Instructions for how to do this is in the release notes.
    (Note that the old tone mapping will go away in next version, so you need to fix the shader to look right with the new tone mapper if that's the issue.)
    Hi! Thanks for you reply.

You were right; the BlackBody node did not change, the new tone mapping is what changed the color of the lava.

I added "r.TonemapperFilm=0" to the [/Script/Engine.RendererSettings] part of DefaultEngine.ini, and indeed it now shows in 4.15.0 like it did in 4.14.3.
    It seems to be slightly different (the contrast seems a bit higher, but it looks quite nice actually) but on the compressed gif you can barely even see it.

So now:

In 4.14.3 it looks like this:

In 4.15.0 it looks like this:

In 4.15.0 with "r.TonemapperFilm=0" added to DefaultEngine.ini it looks like this:

So I guess it is not a bug, and I will just need to change my shader to get its original colors back. Thanks for the help!

They wrote they will remove it in "a future version", not the next version. Once Epic sees how many problems the new one has and how many people prefer the old one, they will see that the old one has to stay. Or they will add some settings to the new one to get the look of the old one back.
    What other problems have been reported?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Distiller View Post
    @WolfvanVeen: What do you not like about the new one? It has a much nicer value range
    I agree on that the range in color values looks quite nice, but I feel like the amount of contrast is a bit 'overkill'.
    I'm going to put r.TonemapperFilm back to the new one, and then see if I can tweak it to a version that is in between the 4.14 and 4.15 ones.
    Last edited by WolfvanVeen; 02-16-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfvanVeen View Post

What other problems have been reported?
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...te-old-effects
    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

I didn't know about that. I have some stylized projects that are still on 4.14 for now. It seems like I will be running into this problem as well.

I do like the new tonemapper. Most of my scenes/effects look nicer in 4.15 than in 4.14, but it would still be nice to have the option to have a strong emissive color without that color turning to white.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    If that is correct, then Set and Map are quite useless. The whole point of Set and Map is that the item look-up is faster than a linear array scan.
    The Set and Map data types in UE15 blueprints are not implemented as linear scans over arrays. Hence, the claim "they are useful when doing frequent lookups on large datasets."

Perhaps by "Array" you really meant to say "container" ?
    Pfft, semantics. Almost always the concrete backing data structure is an array.

Infiltrator
    It seems our SVN source control isn't working anymore after updating the project to 4.15
    Anyone else have this issue?

Hello !

I have strange artifacts i didn't have before in 4.14.
    It happens both with the forward and deferred renderer and i tried tweaking settings but wasnt able to solve this problem.

https://youtu.be/pAhBGnOQ_9k

Please help mee !

Is there some changes to how static meshes can share lightmaps between lod levels? I have noticed that in 4.15 all lod's have unique lightmaps. This causes horrible popping. It's also make lightmass build time so much slower. It's even increased level built_data to be three times as much as in 4.14. Totally unusable.
    Did I miss some patch note? All my lods are auto generated. All my meshes have 2-5 different lod levels.

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalle-H View Post
    Is there some changes to how static meshes can share lightmaps between lod levels? I have noticed that in 4.15 all lod's have unique lightmaps. This causes horrible popping. It's also make lightmass build time so much slower. It's even increased level built_data to be three times as much as in 4.14. Totally unusable.
    Did I miss some patch note? All my lods are auto generated. All my meshes have 2-5 different lod levels.
    Same problem here... and i won't talk about the new tonemapper or bloom that break many things...

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I have a binary build. Setting "Compiler" to "VS 2017" in the project settings doesn't make the "Generate project files" menu generate 2017 files.
    Add -2017 as a command line option to the "GenerateProjectFiles.bat". It generates a project for VS2017 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicobass View Post
    Same problem here...
    Does this happens for every mesh for you?
    I noticed that message log is full of spam about uv's wrapping and overlapping(Without any percentages) for meshes that were just fine at 4.14.

Since I can't go reread the release notes browser keeps crashing for some reason. I am going off of memory. The texture streaming update mentioned lod but I don't remember the exact reason but something to look into.

Infiltrator
    Does this happens for every mesh for you?
    I noticed that message log is full of spam about uv's wrapping and overlapping(Without any percentages) for meshes that were just fine at 4.14.
    Exactly, also reflections from skylight seems to be really too strong and without any culling for rendertarget2D...
    For me the only good point with this version is the performances, it's really better

for anyone interested in the New: Flight Stick and Steering Wheel Support (Windows)
    After a lot of trial and error I figured of the axis keys for the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X
    Axis 8 = ? No affect
    Axis 7 = ? No Affect
    Axis 6 = Z Axis.
    Axis 5 = RZ Axis.
    Axis 4 = Slider 0
    Axis 3 = Y Axis
    Axis 2 = X Axis
    Axis 1 = HAT, No idea how You would be able to configure Multiple axis

ISSUE
    There seems to be an issue with the Yaw pitch & roll axis.
    If i Set yaw input value to 1 it will rotate permanently clockwise. if I set it to -1 it will do the same anti clockwise.
    Using the input to yaw the apposite way only stop the spinning but doesn't turn in the other direction.
    I have tried multiple setups in the input settings without results.

Is it me or is there a BUG?

Quote Originally Posted by TriNityGER View Post
    Add -2017 as a command line option to the "GenerateProjectFiles.bat". It generates a project for VS2017 then.
    Where is GenerateProjectFiles.bat in binary releases ? For the record, uninstalling VS2015 did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanwithideas View Post
    Since I can't go reread the release notes browser keeps crashing for some reason. I am going off of memory. The texture streaming update mentioned lod but I don't remember the exact reason but something to look into.
    I am quite sure that this isn't related to texture streamer at all. For generated LOD's all lights maps should be shareable but for some reason they aren't in 4.15.

Supporter
    We also got the SVN Error after updating to 4.15
    I hope this will be a fix soon.
    Last edited by WAII; 02-17-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Awesome news! Keep up the good work guys!

Tonemapper did change the colors of our game dramatically but, adjusting it to get it back to how it was, wasn't that hard.

Pfft, semantics. Almost always the concrete backing data structure is an array.
    First, precision in terms actually helps communication!

Second, if they use hashing-with-chaining, there might be an array in there for the head of the chains, but each data element lives in a chain (linked list,) not an array.
    The other common set / dictionary implementation is with a tree of some sort, at which point there is no array at all used in the implementation.

The semantics and performance characteristics of arrays are totally different from hashed or sorted sets or dictionaries, hence why the difference actually matters to engineers. I'm sure you already know this; just repeating in case someone else is reading this and didn't yet :-)

(At the very lowest layer, memory is of course like an array of bytes, and pooled allocators are a thing, but that doesn't change the performance characteristics of the different containers to the main program.)

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Link_AJ View Post
    It seems our SVN source control isn't working anymore after updating the project to 4.15
    Anyone else have this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by WAII View Post
    We also got the SVN Error after updating to 4.15
    I hope this will be a fix soon.
    Hi folks.

Could either of you please log a Bug Report on the UE4 Answerhub (click link in my signature) and report this issue with full details so our support staff can investigate?

Thanks
    Stephen Ellis | Lead Engine Support Technician | Epic Games | @TheEpicStephen
    How to report a bug | >>Click here to report a bug<<

VR

New: Updated the GoogleVR SDK to version 1.01.
    As far as I checked it is actually version 1.10 (plugin version 1.2, SDK version 1.10 to be precise).

Thanks Stephen for you prompt answers to our problems! Your doing great. =)

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Devero View Post
    Thanks Stephen for you prompt answers to our problems! Your doing great. =)
    Much appreciated!

That is a great note to head into the weekend on. I hope everyone enjoys using 4.15 over the weekend (or takes a relaxing break from development), and I'll see you on Monday.

Cheers
    Stephen Ellis | Lead Engine Support Technician | Epic Games | @TheEpicStephen
    How to report a bug | >>Click here to report a bug<<

Haven't updated yet, but can someone confirm this? This bug sounds like a deal breaker. :x

Quote Originally Posted by MADHOUSE View Post
    Haven't updated yet, but can someone confirm this? This bug sounds like a deal breaker. :x
    Yes, this is the very sad truth. Currenty, only Instanced Static Meshes can share lightmaps with lower LODs.

Unreal Engine Developer
    The reason the blueprint API is missing a RemoveTag function is because I forgot to add one. I'll add one for 4.16. For things like Damage Types they may be moved to GameplayTags in the future, but it's very hard to do that without breaking backward compatibility with other projects that may have been using them, so I'm not sure what the plan is yet.

Regarding tag usage the full documentation isn't ready yet, but I put a blog entry today discussing the basics of how to use it: https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/us...content-in-ue4

Quote Originally Posted by DamirH View Post
    Is there a reason that there is no Blueprint-facing function to remove GameplayTags? It works via code by calling remove directly on the GameplayTagContainer but there is no static function for it like there is for the rest of the functionality.

Also, am I correct to assume that anything I want to add tags to needs a FGameplayTagContainer member variable?

Lastly, permit me to quote myself regarding a question that was omitted earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by helluvamesh View Post
    Yes, this is the very sad truth. Currenty, only Instanced Static Meshes can share lightmaps with lower LODs.
    Would be great if someone that experience this issue could send a bug report at the answer hub:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com

I'll be checking it out a bit later myself but can't update the engine just yet.

/Best Regards

I'd suggest putting "Remove Tag" into 4.15.1, together with improvements to lightmap sharing.

Can anyone explain how can I use the gameplay tags? How to add that to actors? There are no docs yet.Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by hls333555 View Post
    Can anyone explain how can I use the gameplay tags? How to add that to actors? There are no docs yet.Thanks a lot!
    Some weeks ago, I tried to find out then gave up. Now, a quick search gave me this:

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/us...content-in-ue4

This was written 5 hours ago. Now, I really want to go to sleep. Tell me, if it's useful.

Substance Plugin is unavailable in ue4.15 , and It could not open the project which use the plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by 高登义 View Post
    Substance Plugin is unavailable in ue4.15 , and It could not open the project which use the plugin.
    Substance always takes a few days to update..

Quote Originally Posted by MADHOUSE View Post
    Would be great if someone that experience this issue could send a bug report at the answer hub:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com

I'll be checking it out a bit later myself but can't update the engine just yet.

/Best Regards
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...s-anymore.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Where is GenerateProjectFiles.bat in binary releases ? For the record, uninstalling VS2015 did the trick.
    Whoops sorry I didn't see that you meant binary release. Well theres no bat of course :S

DPI scaling bug has returned.

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
    A Set is an Array of unique keys.
    A Map is a Key/Value pair Array of unique keys.
    what do you mean by "key"? so a set is an array but each element is unique? if you add something to it that already exists in it, does it not get added to it? and what makes a map different from a struct?

Quote Originally Posted by 0vr View Post
    what do you mean by "key"? so a set is an array but each element is unique? if you add something to it that already exists in it, does it not get added to it? and what makes a map different from a struct?
    Please, have a look at the Unreal Engine TSet documentation, and TMap

Cheers !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast