User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 4.15 Released!

Can somebody explain how Distant field indirect shadows are enabled, or what are their requirements? The Checkbox for it always is disabled regardless whether the Distance Fields are enabled on per project or per Object base.

Infiltrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolF View Post
    for anyone interested in the New: Flight Stick and Steering Wheel Support (Windows)
    After a lot of trial and error I figured of the axis keys for the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X
    Axis 8 = ? No affect
    Axis 7 = ? No Affect
    Axis 6 = Z Axis.
    Axis 5 = RZ Axis.
    Axis 4 = Slider 0
    Axis 3 = Y Axis
    Axis 2 = X Axis
    Axis 1 = HAT, No idea how You would be able to configure Multiple axis

ISSUE
    There seems to be an issue with the Yaw pitch & roll axis.
    If i Set yaw input value to 1 it will rotate permanently clockwise. if I set it to -1 it will do the same anti clockwise.
    Using the input to yaw the apposite way only stop the spinning but doesn't turn in the other direction.
    I have tried multiple setups in the input settings without results.

Is it me or is there a BUG?
    I have the same issue with 2 different brands of joysticks. What it seems like the calibration is off. If my stick is completely at 0 for yaw and pitch and roll it still rolls. I did a work around and used a print string out of the axis value to see how far it was off. Stayed around 0.48 to 0.5, so before I did my yaw,pitch,roll logic I minused 0.5 to the axis value and it just about fixed it for me. I added alittle bit more code to get rid of the dead zone so mine works good now but I do believe it maybe a bug since we have no way to adjust calibration, and yes my joysticks are calibrated properly.

I use a subset of the boost libraries in a couple of my projects. As of 4.15 I am getting a bunch of compilation warnings about missing preprocessor definitions. Specifically, it seems _HAS_NAMESPACE, __GNUC__ and __GNUC_MINOR__ are no longer defined by UBT. There are others but I'm guessing they come about as a result of the above being missing.

_HAS_NAMESPACE is related to the STL I believe. As for the GNU definitions, I'm not even sure why they would be expected to be defined at all (even as 0) when compiling with anything other than GCC, but it appears that boost expects them to exist, and that they did prior to 4.15. Has something changed in UBT which may have caused this? Either a definition change, or perhaps just a change to the default warning level? They are only warnings so it's not a big deal, but it would be good to know why this is showing up now.

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalle-H View Post
    Is there some changes to how static meshes can share lightmaps between lod levels? I have noticed that in 4.15 all lod's have unique lightmaps. This causes horrible popping. It's also make lightmass build time so much slower. It's even increased level built_data to be three times as much as in 4.14. Totally unusable.
    Did I miss some patch note? All my lods are auto generated. All my meshes have 2-5 different lod levels.
    Is this confirmed as a bug by Epic or it was a design decision somehow?

Why now VS cant find WheeledVehicle.h?
    Last edited by Danila24ru; 02-20-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [EPIC] Ben Zeigler View Post
    The reason the blueprint API is missing a RemoveTag function is because I forgot to add one. I'll add one for 4.16.

For things like Damage Types they may be moved to GameplayTags in the future
    In my opinion the RemoveTag function should be added in as soon as possible. While some designs may not utilize it at all, if a design relies on removing tags then it's pretty pointless to start implementing gameplay tags without that functionality. If you want people to be able to use gameplay tags now and the design relies on removing tags, then it is a pretty crucial tool.

The strength of Damage Types is that they can call functions. I have only recently started using them and although I don't actually fully understand them, I really dig them, not just as damage, but also extending them to have effects from item usages, spells and status effects. I find Damage Types very useful and I have only convoluted ideas how to do the things I am doing, without them.

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by Danila24ru View Post
    Why now VS cant find WheeledVehicle.h?
    Vehicle is now a plugin - so you have to treat it as such (you have to modify .build.cs).
    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 02-20-2017 at 02:10 PM.

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "PhysXVehicles" });

PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "PhysXVehicles" });

I am added this to build.cs but it still not working

Just noticed that all my "switch on enum" now display "new enumerator 0", "new enumerator 1" etc.
    If I right click and click on "add execution pin", it fixes it.

Edit; Actually, every time I start the project they display "new enumerator".
    Last edited by ste1nar; 02-20-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexW88 View Post
    Can somebody explain how Distant field indirect shadows are enabled, or what are their requirements? The Checkbox for it always is disabled regardless whether the Distance Fields are enabled on per project or per Object base.
    1) Open the Static Mesh asset, check 'Generate Mesh Distance Field' (Project setting is not needed, but can override)
    2) Place that static mesh in the world, change the component to Movable
    3) Enable 'Distance Field Indirect Shadow'. The option will be greyed out of the component is not Movable, or not shadow casting.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but is anyone having issues play testing their projects in UE 4.15 on Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6? I'm currently working on a virtual tour for my college internship, and everything works fine (including simulate in engine), except when I play test the level (in editor AND standalone), the viewport becomes black and stays that way until I stop the play test. This was not happening on any other version of the engine for me. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue?

is this on the github already? Cant seem to find the 4.15 project.

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Namesis View Post
    is this on the github already? Cant seem to find the 4.15 project.
    Yep. Here you go: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...4.15.0-release
    Stephen Ellis | Lead Engine Support Technician | Epic Games | @TheEpicStephen
    How to report a bug | >>Click here to report a bug<<

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    Merci!

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by ste1nar View Post
    Just noticed that all my "switch on enum" now display "new enumerator 0", "new enumerator 1" etc.

4.15's blueprint enums have changed; they used to be an array of Name before, now they are a Map of (Name)(Text), this will cause some confusion when migrating projects. The "name" you see are now coming from the "Text" value where before they were the "Name" itself as a value.

The "new enumerator 0" thing is the Key, real name of the enum.

Champion

In my opinion the RemoveTag function should be added in as soon as possible. While some designs may not utilize it at all, if a design relies on removing tags then it's pretty pointless to start implementing gameplay tags without that functionality. If you want people to be able to use gameplay tags now and the design relies on removing tags, then it is a pretty crucial tool.

The strength of Damage Types is that they can call functions. I have only recently started using them and although I don't actually fully understand them, I really dig them, not just as damage, but also extending them to have effects from item usages, spells and status effects. I find Damage Types very useful and I have only convoluted ideas how to do the things I am doing, without them.
    Damage types are EXPLICITLY designed to be stateless, completely immutable. In translation - they are just data holders, they shouldn't call anything. I'm slowly migrating my whole system to using gameplay tags, and I cannot for the life of my figure out why is there no DamageValue in the base FDamageEvent.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Am I the only one that seems to still be getting random crashes in this version, everytime it crashes I click the sumbit and restart, I bet ive did that 50 times or more........what the actual **** is going on, ever since v4.14 there was something changed that makes my pc hate the **** out of ue4.

I thought it was the video driver that was doing it just like it was in 4.14, but something else is going on here, any suggestions?

I noticed that v4.13.2 is showing in my x86 install directory, and v4.15 is not, did version 4.14 switch to a 64bit and uptil then it wasn't, is that what broke the engine for me?
    Last edited by iamjustagamer75; 02-20-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Mathew has a great video on the MAP.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf25...5q57gKY5auRzvS

teak
    "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
    -- Willy Wonka

twitter: @teak421 -- Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.14: here.
    Source Build with Optional Plugin Tutorial: here.

have a packaging issue here if you guys can take a look

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ndexistin.html

I have tracked down potential reason of lightmap sharing with static mesh lods problems with 4.15.
    https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...c56a8b701466d6

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalle-H View Post
    I have tracked down potential reason of lightmap sharing with static mesh lods problems with 4.15.
    https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...c56a8b701466d6
    Hope to get some official reply on this because it is really a deal breaker for 4.15...I've never experienced such loooong rebuild times before.

Quote Originally Posted by BarisT View Post
    Hope to get some official reply on this because it is really a deal breaker for 4.15...I've never experienced such loooong rebuild times before.
    It's also causing memory issues which is causing crashing at mobile for us. Also just the LOD's popping is deal breaker.

Hello, tried 4.15 and discovered a rendering issue: SeparateTranslucency does not work in VR anymore, right eye gets full res translucency on top without depth test. Any help?

Aurelien
    Last edited by AurelienK; 02-21-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjustagamer75 View Post
    Am I the only one that seems to still be getting random crashes in this version, everytime it crashes I click the sumbit and restart, I bet ive did that 50 times or more........what the actual **** is going on, ever since v4.14 there was something changed that makes my pc hate the **** out of ue4.

I thought it was the video driver that was doing it just like it was in 4.14, but something else is going on here, any suggestions?
    Does the crash you are getting look generally like this one? https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-40773

If so, as a workaround, try disabling real-time thumbnails (discussed here)

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by BarisT View Post
    We are looking into the report of the lightmap sharing issue and will follow-up on the Answerhub post.

Quote Originally Posted by AurelienK
    Hello, tried 4.15 and discovered a rendering issue: SeparateTranslucency does not work in VR anymore, right eye gets full res translucency on top without depth test. Any help?
    I'm not aware of any known issue with this. If you believe there is a bug, please follow the link in my signature to report it.

Cheers

Promoter
    Quote Originally Posted by Danila24ru View Post
    PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "PhysXVehicles" });

PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "PhysXVehicles" });

I am added this to build.cs but it still not working
    I have not yet upgraded to 4.15 so I cannot give you the correct script but you may download UE4 Vehicle C++ template and start the check from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    I'm not aware of any known issue with this. If you believe there is a bug, please follow the link in my signature to report it.
    Cheers
    Issue occurs with r.SeparateTranslucency = 1 and r.SeparateTranslucencyScreenPercentage < 100
    on left eye rendering is ok
    on right eye rendering is broken

Bug reported:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ken-in-vr.html

I posted a screenshot with r.SeparateTranslucencyScreenPercentage=10 for clearer illustration

Cheers

not really, that was the one I was getting with all the 4.14 versions, that one seems to be gone now, this is something different. Next time it does it I will try to cap the screen, but I have been mashing the send and restart with each crash, so it should be showing up somewhere right?

Try re-saving all your enum files. If you'd look in Output log after engine launch, there's lots of yellow complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Gigakaiser View Post
    This is a great update. Now that MAX_ARRAY_SIZE and MAX_ARRAY_MEMORY are configurable, is it somehow safe to send large byte arrays (20mb +) via rpcs?
    Found it - the max array memory is still capped at 64*1024

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjustagamer75 View Post
    not really, that was the one I was getting with all the 4.14 versions, that one seems to be gone now, this is something different. Next time it does it I will try to cap the screen, but I have been mashing the send and restart with each crash, so it should be showing up somewhere right?
    I've dug through the crash records and found the one that you are experiencing - https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-40824

It's related to the one I posted previously. I suggest disabling real-time thumbnails if you haven't already.

Cheers

Thanks I will give that a whirl!

Unreal Engine Developer
    This was a known issue from the previews that we could never repro internally, nor could anyone provide us with a broken case to debug. If you have a solid repro that you can share then please reply to that AnswerHub post.

Please help me Obiwan Kenobi, stuck on compile error.

'HMODULE' is undefined
    'LoadLibraryW' is undefined

I tried to include so many windows libraries i lost count, and every time it got me into more trouble. Anyone has a clue? :/

The less amount of errors was by including winnt.h:
    winnt.h(147): fatal error C1189: #error: "No Target Architecture"

But i should probably go with #include <windows.h>
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4...-visual-studio

EDIT: looks like i have to #include "MinWindows.h" everywhere, it did the trick, moving on, i still have tons of bugs :3
    Last edited by xenthor; 02-22-2017 at 01:48 AM.

#include "AllowWindowsPlatformTypes.h"
    #include <windows.h>
    #include "HideWindowsPlatformTypes.h"
    Btw, you should not use windows headers to load a library; UE4 can do that without windows types.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Dale View Post
    This was a known issue from the previews that we could never repro internally, nor could anyone provide us with a broken case to debug. If you have a solid repro that you can share then please reply to that AnswerHub post.
    Héhé, I've just seen the commit Ensure that enums used by BP nodes have been PostLoaded so they have the correct display names. #jira UE-42253 [CL 3316734 by Jamie Dale in 4.15 branch]

The Jira issue UE-42253 is not available, though...

Cheers!

Ok so I disabled realtime thumbnails, seems to of helped a lot, still getting random crashing though, nevertheless thanks for the help with the majority of them its at least "usable" now.

For some reason it gives me an error when converting from 4.14 to 4.15 (source)

i:\Users\PF_2\Documents\Unreal Projects\Game -61 network ok\Game\Source\GameServer.Target.cs(29,47) : error CS0117: 'UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool' does not contain a definition for 'GetServerPlatforms'
    .. if I disable these lines it works, but it used to work fine in 4.14

public override bool GetSupportedPlatforms(ref List<UnrealTargetPlatform> OutPlatforms)
    {
    // It is valid for only server platforms
    return UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.GetServerPlatforms(ref OutPlatforms, false);
    }
    ---
    Last edited by Namesis; 02-22-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234