As an artist, how do I introduce myself to the world of 3D?

Hello,

So I’m basically just asking how to expose myself to employers. Right now, I am a nobody in the world of 3D. I’m wanting to, obviously, render my assets through UE4 and publish images to artstation, and similar sites. But what about developing assets for Unreal Tournament? Or a scene for the unreal marketplace? Does Paragon accept asset submissions? Would submitting content to Unreal games even be worth it? Are there contests I can enter that will give me exposure? Is there anything else I’m missing?

Ultimately the only thing I care about is exposure. Not profit from selling assets, or contest earnings. I want to be employed. .

Making good assets and putting them on the marketplace is exposure, even if you don’t make many dollars.
In fact, if the goal is exposure, selling them cheaper is probably better :slight_smile:
There are also Unreal Game Jams with some frequency, so you can try creating some small game with great art.

Then again, game studios are hiring artists all the time, and with a good show reel / portfolio, you don’t necessarily need lots of experience (depending on position and company.)

“-Hi, I’ll make 3d models for food.”

I live in Canada in the middle of nowhere (closest major city is ~ 7 hours), though, so even in 2017 and the wonderful power of the internet, I really have no idea how to get in contact with smaller teams and/or companies. There’s a massive EA office out of Vancouver, but I really doubt I’ll hit a AAA company right off the bat (nor should I really aim that high, either). So I’m thinking the marketplace is probably a smart choice to start, but what then? Do I just pray someone contacts me with a job offer?

Post up your work in public website similar to this

There are too many website to show off your skills.

But you said you want ‘they’ find you… Linkin is good social website as ‘they’ keeping posting a job position in Linkin.

You will need add your interest in your page, you may have a chance but not likely.

Best way to get job at games company is hunt them down on the website. There are job page.