Menu not showing in multiple case

Hi!

Let me get straight to the point:

If i run the editor with multiplayer options, and simulate 2 instances of the game running, the main menu appears only in one of the running games, which is the server. After i host a game, the server loads another level, another game mode. After this the main menu pops up at the client too. (If i simulate more than 2 instances, the menu shows up on all clients after the server transitioned to the level.)

Can you give me a point where my blueprints are wrong? Is it because i use get player controller in every instances?

For example this is the host menus blueprint, though, this shouldn’t have anything to do with whether the main menu shows up or not.

I appriciate any answers, thanks in advance.

probably switch event to “run on owning client”… is it called in controller? im not on PC where i have ue and i cant remember from where its called…

Hey!

thanks for the quick response.

Actually it is not on player controller, it is in game mode. It might not be a good idea to put show mainmenu event in game mode? Should it be in the controller?

Yes, you are supposed to use it in gamemode, player controller is for other purposes.

Hey!

thanks for the quick response.

Actually it is not on player controller, it is in game mode. It might not be a good idea to put show mainmenu event in game mode? Should it be in the controller?
[/QUOTE]

game mode exist only on server, so it make sense its called only on server player… try to put it in game instance…

Thanks!! That fixed the problem.