I would like Jet Engine FX to increase in scale as my ship increases speed. or turn them on/off

Basically I have a jet engine Thruster effect on my ship but instead of it being a static FX, I would like it to increase and decrease in scale /intensity as the ship increases speed.
I would like this setup either on an AXIS input or be able to set the thrust power via a power input bar and have in maintain the thrust I set it at like a chopper sim.
the option to turn the engines of and on also would be cool.

suggestions?

I’m curious to see how you solve this. I have the same scenario currently, to change the engine effect it changes with the input axis but on keyboard the inputs are binary so there is only on off with no gradation if you aren’t using a gamepad.

I considered having a velocity system like with Star Citizen or other flight sims where thrust is on a slider but prefer to have it more arcadey like driving a car so the user can stop and make quick redirects more quickly

I really would like to just use My Hotas, Because a Hotas and VR headset is really the indented end game result
But as UE4 does not support joysticks I’m just using a ps3 pad :frowning:
On my Hotas none of this would be an issue as i have a thrust controller.
but on the gamepad I have to either create it on a axis or a thrust bar that I can set to any strength value I want and it will remain at that thrust power.

If you’re just setting it to a stationary value it won’t be difficult. Set the scale size on tick to be (current thrust/max thrust)*(static bigger or smaller decimal multiplier).

Lol I Think Blueprints may be starting to click .
I just Experimented and put this together without help (a first!)
It worked perfectly :slight_smile:
Now all I want to do it find a way to implement a thrust power slider so I could set the power to 10% 20% 30% ect