Solution for Missing DLL files (api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0 missing)

Hello, all. I just solved a serious problem (after a runaround like you wouldnt believe) with UE4, and I will like to share my solution with the community. Its a lenghty process, but worth it!

Problem: Engine versions after 4.9 refuse to launch.
when I downloaded and tried to run version 4.10, I got a pop-up box saying that there was a fatal error, and api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0 was missing. I went online, and was told that I would need to
download some Visual studio files (I think), when that didnt work, I was directed to make sure windows updates were wu tp date…That also didnt work.

Solution: Manually Install DLL Files
During my voyage, I found out how to look at the Error logs.

Finding the log:
1.1 -Go to control panel
1.2 -Click on system and security
1.3 -and under Administrative tools, click on “view event Logs” This will open a new window called Event Viewer.
1.4 -In “Event Viewer”, Click on Event Viewer(Local). This is the first title Located on the first column (right under File, Action, View and Help).
The middle column will update.
1.5 - In the middle colums, Under Event Type, Look for Error, and click the “+” sign next to it.
It will expand, showing various sub headings.
1.6- Look for “Application Error” and click on it. The Middle column will switch to Summary Page Events, which lists the errors.
It will have the date and time the error occured.
1.7 -Double Click on the error that corresponds with the same time you tried to run the engine. A box called Event Properties will pop up with the log message. This box should have the
name of the problematic or missing DLL file under “Faulting Module Name:”.
1.8 - Highlight and Copy (ctrl+V) the name of the file.

Downloading DLL Files:
2.1 -On your Internet browser, go to https://www.dll-files.com/.
2.2 -In the search box, paste the name of the file.
2.3 -a new page will open with the filename…Click on eeeet!
2.4 -you will see a list of files with the name (32 bit and 64 bit). click on the one corresponding with your computer’s system.
2.5 -The file will download (zipped). Extract the files to your computer.
2.6 -Copy the dll file, and go to c\program files\Unreal Engine{version}\Engine\Binaries\Win64(or Win32).
2.7 -Paste the file.
2.8 -Go back to the launcher and try to run the engine again. It wouldnt work yet.
2.9 -GO back to the event viewer and click on event viewer Local again. Repeat Steps 1.4 to 2.9, until the engine runs…You will notice that everytime you pate the file, the log will
show a new file under “Faulting Module Name”.

Good Luck, Guys! I hope this helps!!!

oi segui seus passos porem parou na metade não achei algumas informações se puder me ajudar, preciso ter instalado isto api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0 : detalhes no video pois falando fica confuso… - YouTube

The correct solution for this issue would be to install Visual C++ 2015 Redist. Downloading separate dlls from 3rd party site is very unsafe.

2 Likes