Minimalist Interface Package

MOST RECENT UPDATE:

Thank you everyone for the amazing support, Minimalist Interface Package is now live on the Marketplace! Feel free to check out the brainstorming process and more below, some posts in this thread may be outdated, but I’ll be updating the project to please everyone’s needs, yet again, thanks!

You can find the project at: Minimalist Interface Package v2 in Blueprints - UE Marketplace

Hey everyone!

For the past few weeks I’ve been working on my own project that contains a Minimalist UI, I’ve had quite a few requests that I should create some Minimalist UI and release it on the Marketplace. Currently I’m in the design stages but I’ll be starting work on Monday (2/6/2017). Some of the current pre-production details and information can be found below:

What is Minimalist Style Design (as from a Google search, the best way to describe it):
Minimalist design has been described as design at its most basic, stripped of superfluous elements, colors, shapes and textures. Its purpose is to make the content stand out and be the focal point. From a visual standpoint, minimalist design is meant to be calming and to bring the mind down to the basics.

That description is exactly the goal for this release, and to give developers a package that works for any type/genre, giving them the most out of what they’re paying for.

Currently I’m focused on creating UI elements that can be incorporated in the genres below, however I am definitely willing to work on getting more by request:

• FPS or Shooter
  • Role-playing Games
  • Hack & Slash
  • Fighting Games
  • Racing Games (and/or vehicles)

A few things that I plan on putting in the package include tons of icons, widget blueprints to get people started right away, and a few more things found in the list below:

• Main Menus
  • Pause Menus
  • Chat Boxes
  • Quest Interfaces
  • Icons for Consoles

and much more…

Please note that I will be releasing a template that will contain either an example for a shooter or an RPG, to basically showcase how the interfaces can be used; the widget blueprints will be setup in a way so developers can start incorporating their Player Character info and much more. However the focus for this package is more of the design, rather than the functionality. I’ll try my best to have some functionality in for the Template (or Overview map) so developers who don’t know UMG can copy-paste blueprints. Please feel free to comment what you feel about this portion!

If you’re interested in some of my past work, feel free to take a look at this gallery for screenshots from two different projects.

If you have any questions or are interested in more things for the package, feel free to reply!

UPDATE:

Project is finally complete and submitted! Feel free to look at the video below:

Information

The Minimalist Interface Package is 100% built in Blueprints and Widget Blueprints, primarily focused on the design, but still giving developers a seamless way of integrating functionality.

Flexible for a wide variety of genres, the package contains interfaces built for Shooters, RPGs, Racing games, and more. The interfaces are built to work with each other, allowing for a consistent style.

Included in this Package:

• Login Interface
  • Main Menu
  • Options Menu
  • Pause Menu
  • Chatbox
  • RPG & Shooter HUDs
  • 2 Speed Meters for Racing Games
  • Equipment Interface
  • Inventory Interface
  • Console Icons

… and much more!

All widgets include Opening animations, properly named hierarchies, and commented blueprints for easy editing.

Widgets like the Scoreboard include Data Tables and Structures to aid developers in creating a functional score/stats system.

Maybe consider vehicle / racing games as well.

I like that style in your gallery. The marketplace needs more quality ui packs imo.

I definitely thought about that, I could probably incorporate some speed meters, etc. in the package; could come in use for other projects that have vehicles (e.g. Open-World FPS). Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll add it on the list!

Will be useful for sure, since there are not enough of UI packs

The UI looks really neat, it reminds me of Destiny.

I don’t particularly need the pack but I believe a neutral UI pack that would work accross all types (or at least many) of games is definitely a strong addition to the marketplace.

I would consider buying it just because it would mean any prototype / game I start working on could benefit from it.

Keep up the good work.

Looks really good! Those screenshots are veeery nice UI shots. More packs like this need to be a thing for those like me who are artistically inept XD

I would be interested in this as well.

Will you try to make it easy to customize?

Do you have more screenshots?

I could possibly upload more of my work tonight, I’ll also be releasing progress screenshots when I start tomorrow.

In terms of customization, definitely! I think it’s a must to make the interfaces customizable to suit anyone’s game, I’ll probably set it up so you can add little pieces in one HUD and go from there. I’ll definitely look into keeping customization as a top priority.

Will you maybe keep the colours and all easily customizable as well?
Maybe you could have a global variable/settings somewhere, which is used in order to determine the widget colours.

I could help you out with this.

I actually did think about potentially doing that, I’ll look into doing it! If you have any ideas on how I could do it, feel free to reply here. :slight_smile:

Well, if its for 4.15 and up, I would use a Map-Container (String, Colour) for example.
Then I could use it something like ColorPalette.Get(“DarkBackground”), if you get what I mean?

Otherwise you could have a Blueprint Function Library which returns constant values. Then people could change these constants to have their own customization. This wouldnt allow for runtime customization though.

You could also create a new asset type with your parameters for customization as UPROPERTYs and people could set up different configurations and even change them at runtime.

There are many ways to do it, it depends on your project…

Yeah I was thinking of having it all handled by color values in a Function Library, but I’ll have to see what I can do depending on the designs; thanks for the insight! I’ll definitely look into it so it can be edited in bulk rather than one-by-one.

As requested, I have made a second gallery with more of my work, please note that these are a bit older (first two) and they don’t represent the designs for this package! :slight_smile:

Work has begun!

Getting some things out of the way like Console Icons, which is presented in the image below:

Note: some of these icons will most likely change before submitting to better fit the package, if you have any suggestions or opinions, feel free to reply!

Looks good :slight_smile: I know it’s probably a stupidly obvious thing to say… but I like that you are making them white - way easier to make your own spin on them visually then :slight_smile:

Oh yeah and if I import as white in-engine, I can change the colors easily :slight_smile: Makes my life easier, and others.

Lots of work including the Options UI, Main Menu, and Login Menu; currently working on getting all the common widgets done so any genre can use these.

I’m also trying my best to keep all of the Hierarchy organized with proper names.

Looking good.
Are dialog windows, prompts, inventory, notifications, info/tooltip (the kind that would appear when you hover something) and quests planned as well?

As long as it would be easily possible to customize looks with images, and painlessly integrate eXi’s Multiplayer Lobby menu, I’d be the first one to get this system!!!

A few of those are definitely planned like a quest interface, yes. :slight_smile: