Looking to find a way to summon a dino through a custom smithy

I am stuck on how to spawn a dino with a smithy.

Reason: i have made a UFO out of a flying dino and i want to be able to craft it.

I have a custom Smithy already but i cant find any tutorial on how to use something to summon a dino if anyone can help me out with this it would help alot

I am not really sure how to do it exactly, but with my time with the Dev Kit I was able learn from other items already in the game. Assuming you want to craft the item and then put it in your inventory and the spawn it upon use. Look into the how the Raft works. It essentially spawns a entity upon use, you can use the same system to spawn in a dino or in your case a UFO.

Sorry if this doesn’t help much, but I hope I was able to point you in the right direction.

thanks for the reply i will mess around with the raft files and see if i can get it to work and if i get it to work i will share how thanks for the idea

I’m not sure about getting the location of the inventory, but you could at least throw a print string in this to see if it works:

In MyItemToBeCrafted, enable BPInventoryNotifyCraftingFinished

In Inventory_MyCustomSmithy’s graph, do this:

“Display Name” will be the name of the file, PrimalItemResource_MyItemName. “Find Substring” will return the location of “MyItemName.” If it does not find it, “-1” will be returned. So we use > -1 to ensure that the item crafted is your item. From here you simply spawn the actor. Should work, assuming inventories are allowed to do this :slight_smile:

Something you could try… If you drag out “Item To Be Crafted” and select “Last Owner Player” it will return the person who crafted it. From here you could try “Get Old Location” to get the transform for the spawn. I would assume this location is where they are upon the item being crafted, though.

I got it all sorted what i did is I put my UFO/Dino BP in a egg with the setting “Crafting Actor to Spawn”, I deleted the dino class to spawn, I basically copied all the settings from the old ufo/dino BP and put them in a Dodorex BP (so when it spawns it will be tamed automatically) I probably did it the hard way at that point. and i made it to where the egg will be crafted in the custom workbench inventory.

There is an “Auto Tame Spawned Actor” check box on the item bp

I see that will make it a whole lot easier next time thanks for sharing the knowledge so freely guys!

hi
i just tryied this on a consumable and get a strange error.
it wants a world context object, but has no pin…

any idea??

i could use the BP default stuff to spwan a dino
but then i don’t see where to set it’s preferred level… ??

looks like it works like this:

022c205ba6f2aaa7c9ee63ed4822e6bbe806c839.jpeg

but then, the dino isn’t tamed…

oh what a mess…

Have you got any further with this? I have the same problem.

Is there a tamed modifier / node to hitch to after the spawn is done?
flow: Spawn Dino > Tame
Im only guessing here since i never worked with the spawn and tame side.
My other guess is that “Spawn Dino” is spawning wild, and, then its ending there. So the outcome is exactly as the flow would assume. Is there another “spawn dino” node for tamed? Since replacing the wild dino in the game would spawn in a tamed one? If thats how its done, i assume they are using actor swapping

Finally got this to work by setting the targeting team on the spawned instance, see this thread: