Multiplayer Combat Editor

Welcome everyone!

MCE is a set of tools to quickly prototype combat, skills, stats, runtime modifiers and actions in your game, regardless of your theme.

Get it on Itch.Io
Get it on the Marketplace

Video Trailer
https://youtube.com/watch?v=0GvrdiZ9hs0](Multiplayer Combat Editor for UE4 by Yun-Kun)Main Feature List

• Create and handle attributes, stats or resources (such as Health, Dexterity, Stamina, Experience or Level, create any stat you need) [HR][/HR]
  • Access and use these stats from any other MCE modules (such as dealing damages based on Dexterity amount) [HR][/HR]
  • Set up the damage systems of your game as you like (critical strikes, damage distance falloff, armor, weakness, elemental resistance, create any calculation you need) [HR][/HR]
  • Create abilities and use the hundred of built-in effects MCE provides or create yours (passive, weapon or animation ability, stacks, aura, beam, cone area and many more) [HR][/HR]
  • Apply temporary or permanent modifications to any of these stats, combat rules or abilities (talents, runes, buffs, debuffs, item bonuses, create any modifier you need) [HR][/HR]
  • **Create a state machine **for your characters to specify which actions they can take and when (such as can’t shot while sprinting or reloading, create any action you need) [HR][/HR]
  • These are the main modules but MCE provides many other sub-features which you can check here [HR][/HR]
  • A hundred of examples available for download, including FPS, TPS, Topdown and Twin-stick character templates

**YouTube Tutorials

Support**

**Website

Join the community on Discord!**

Screenshots

Holy ****! This looks amazing! Seems like Yun’s done it again lol :D.

Looks awesome, so is this a c++ plugin or BP? Thanks! Does it come with any kind of
Frontend menu systems or session support?

Well done on the work so far looking like this may be the new base requirement to go along with the ARPG toolkit

The plugin contains both blueprint and C++ code, some might move from one place to another depending on my final setup. Of course everything will be accessible through blueprints.

It is currently not planned to add any kind of menu / multiplayer lobby system, would you consider it to be a must-have addition?
EDIT: I received another feedback asking me about such a feature. I’m awaiting for your comment and I’m thinking about it in the meantime.

Thank you! I planned to make a Youtube Video to detail how to merge the Action RPG Inventory plugin by Vanguard Interactive with the Multiplayer Combat Editor (if you’re referring to that particular product).

Hehe :smiley:

That was exactly it, subscribed*

Little update here.

I finished prototyping most of the core systems (without their customization settings). I’ll be cleaning up and testing the friendliness of use in the next few days.

I’ll make appropriate change to the core code if some things are not well designed for the user.

I’ll move on to adding the customized settings only when the core systems will be perfect for the user. In the meantime, feel free to give any feedback and idea regarding what you’d like to see in the plugin.

For now, I only added a multiplayer session management to my to-consider list.

Looks interesting, Keep up the work

Hello there :slight_smile:

I’m still cleaning up, that takes a lot of time because I’m writing all the comments, colorizing them, renaming functions & variables and moving stuff from place to place.

I’ve improved the usability of several things I’ve came across as well. Soon I’ll be trying to import MCE to a clean project and try to use it as a new user would. That’s my next step.

On my way to cleaning, I’ve built a simple print string system that makes my life easier to notify the user where an error occurred.

This system will be included in MCE and can be customized (adding the categories you need for your game).
newprintsystem.png

Good luck and have fun in your projects everyone :slight_smile:

Hey guys!

Here’s an update for the Multiplayer Combat Editor.

I’ve pushed most of the initial features I intended to make with basic customization settings.

I made a 15 minute video where I showcase what an initial MCE setup could be like (goal is to have two players fighting each other).

Here it is.

Here are the features currently implemented (the video only showcases the first three):

• Stat Manager
  • Skill Manager
  • Combat Manager
  • State Machine Manager
  • AI Manager

I still need to rework some parts of the stat manager, to implement the perk editor and to add every juicy customization settings. And of course to keep improving the user experience.

Keep in mind that this is a rough skeleton of what MCE will be so I’d be really pleased to hear any feedback / improvement / requests.

Good luck and have fun in your projects everyone :slight_smile:

I would buy this :slight_smile:

Update here :slight_smile:

I’m working on the skill modifiers and modifiers in general.

Here’s a small test I started with:

This system is still under heavy work, it was a lot more complicated than I expected but it’s okay now I think I got the architecture going.

I still plan to submit MCE on March-April.

Btw “Multiplayer Combat Editor” sounds a bit generic and I think that’s something Epic is advising against (and I may have walked out of my initial scope as well :p).

I’m not sure if I should change and if so for what name.

I’m glad to hear it! :smiley:

Have a good day ladies and gentlemen and good luck / have fun in your projects :slight_smile:

do you have an idea on what you might charge for this?

Very interested in this project. Hope the rest of development runs smoothly!

MCE’s selling price will depend on its final list of features and the depth of their modularity. I’d like to keep it under 40$ but it’s growing big quite fast. I’d like to think that the modularity and the suite of tutorials makes it worth at any mid-price range. What would you consider to be the fair price?

So do I :slight_smile:

Would you consider a multiplayer lobby feature mandatory?

Thanks for your interest guys :smiley:

Personally yes I think a lobby feature system would be a good addition to this project. Maybe even a spectator mode feature (for mp games.)

I’d say get the already plan core done before adding lobbies. Looking good will keep an eye out for this.

It’s looking good!

Sounds like a wise advice :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support guys!

I’ve finished most of the logic regarding modifiers.
I added State Machine modifiers which allow you to Stun / Silence / Root the carrier of the state machine.

Next steps are to clean up the Weapon architecture to make sure it’s compatible with the ARPG Inventory (and easy to use) and to finally add the damage type system (cherry on the cake).

After that, it will be all about cleaning up, commenting, restructuring, user friendliness and adding all the customization settings.

For me - Multiplayer is mandatory however - I will not be using lobbies but a “hub areas” in my game world.