Training Livestream - Getting Started with AI - Jan 31 - Live from Epic HQ

WHAT
Zilenski is back in action with to talk about how to get set up in UE4 with basic gameplay AI. We will be covering how to set up AI Controllers to properly handle your Behavior Trees and then set up a small interaction between AI. This will be 100% in Blueprint, so no coding experience is required. By the end of this stream, you will have an AI in a scene that can see, identify, navigate and interact entirely without interference from the player.

If AI is something that interests you, but you never had time to get started, then this is the stream for you!

WHEN
Tuesday, January 31st @ 2:00PM ET Countdown]

WHERE

WHO
Zielinski - Senior AI Programmer - @MieszkoZ](https://twitter.com/MieszkoZ)

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember, while we try to give attention to all inquiries, it’s not always possible to answer’s questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it’s rather likely that we don’t have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

A nice one! We need more AI training !

Can we see how to make AI look at player and track player with head and body? (turning head, then torso, then whole body when player approaches and then passes by)

Oh snap. The AI God. This will be a great stream for those wanting to get into AI or had questions abou ***.

That sounds great ! Do you plan to cover new subjects in comparaison to the 2015 “game-ready AI” stream? Or this stream will be the same kind but more compact?

Essentially it’s an update to that stream (since we’re on a much newer version with new features), with better section breakdown and more succinct instructions. I get a lot of requests to go do a very basic AI stream instead of something big and multi-part. This is a one-shot that will get you familiar with all of the basics of AI, so you can get a few NPCs running around.

Awesome! Best birthday present ever hahaha!

I want to watch it too, but I’m at work. Can I watch it somewhere afterwards? (sry for my terrible english)

good tutorial ! in 31 januaru i will be ready to watch this on twitch

nice one!, i will be there

Just bookmark this page on your web browser, and you should see the archived stream pop up here eventually. I personally prefer to watch non-live videos anyway, as it allows me to pause and follow along at my own pace. By the way, your English is perfect! :smiley:

If you go to Twitch after the stream has started the latest video will be an archive of the stream. You can watch it when the stream is over or even if you’re just a bit late and want to watch from the beginning. You’ll only have to refresh the page when you get to the end of the archived video.

This is great will be there. If anyone is working on AI for VR and have some time can you take a look at this issue I’m having where the AI targets the VR origin instead of the position of the player in the play space.

Thanks in advance

Thanks cyaoeu! I did not know that… that’s great to hear. :slight_smile:

wow i would love to have a “big one”, i’m looking in making a "life simulator game like the sims and i’m really interested in a good tutorial to setup and ai make npcs act really human, like have need make relationships have "personality, use they “5 senses”, how to setup a really very good and complex AI to make a really good “fake human” behavious not just for action but for every day behavious.

[MENTION=8] [/MENTION] did anything ever happen with that plan (I don’t think I’ve made this up!) to have a general Q&A stream with ? If not, is it still on the cards?

This will be really helpful I have a hard time understanding on how to build your own AI. I Don’t even know where to begin with XD

Check out their YOUTUBE channel too… they upload the training a day or so after the actual stream… Take care.

I would love to see this live but not possible. I guess I will see the video afterwards.

Am doing an AIController and AI which is “working” but its misbehaving so to speak, and
are looking for pointers and tips !! :smiley:

Happy AI´ing :cool:

Just adding my question so hopefully it gets covered in the broadcast. When using the VR template from the Engine. When you use the move to in the behavior tree and the target is the player, the AI will move to the VR origin instead of the position of the player withing the play space. How can we make the AI track the players position within their placespace and have the AI move to them.

Thanks

Oh man, I love this community so much. Thank you Epic and all the other boffs for taking the time to help us plebs out!