Riders of Asgard - Steam Store Live

header.jpg

@karl182 and I are happy to announce that the Steam Store for Riders of Asgard is now live and can be viewed here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/552370

The demo build has been submitted to Steam for approval and we are planning on releasing the demo on the 23rd January 2017.

The final build of the game is planned to be released on the 31st march 2017 at a R 159.00 price point. We will do a launch discount of 15%.

So it is full systems go for Riders of Asgard and it has been one hell of a learning experience so far. Our other projects are now being planned and we have a couple of artists doing some prototypes for us, but our main focus now is the end goal and the final release on Steam.

The final version will contain the following extra features over the Demo:

• 10 levels to play (Demo currently has 3).
  • More unlocks for your characters so you can make your character your own.
  • 21 achievements with more to come as we progress.
  • 10 trading cards

We are also hoping there will be time to do at least two more characters, but these are not priority and will be added in on a future update. The goal for Riders of Asgard has always been to make a game we enjoy playing, get to grips with the whole Steam thing, and learn from the experience … if we manage to make some money in the process than that is a bonus.

Thanks for all the feedback we received and all the help provided, we are always eager for more feedback and so feel free to download the demo when it is available and join us on the community hub: http://steamcommunity.com/app/552370

+1 for creative mixing of different timelines ^^

Just an added note that the Demo is now available through the Steam store … so feel free to take the game for a spin if you want. 8-}

So we are 7 days from release (or 6 days depending on what side of the pond you are on) and I wanted to share our new trailer.

I also made a blog post about the imminent release and some of the features as well as what we plan for the future: Gobbo Games — Riders of Asgard on Steam...

Love the concept, and the game looks pretty good, congrats! :slight_smile:

Saw an update, got excited, checked the Steam page, still can’t buy it! Dammit!

It’s been in my wishlist for a while. Really looking forward to this.

Sorry man … only 4 days left to wait … on the 31st March 2017 at 09:00 PDT I am making the game live … it is very close now.

COME ON STEAM! ARRRGHH! I need to play this game! haha.

RidersOnSteam.PNG

So, close. I wish you the best of luck with sales!

@Unfamillia - yeah, so very close. Thank you very much and I hope yoiu won’t be disappointed with the game.

On a side note and some news that you heard here first, we are currently working on some new content as well as an in-game editor so you can make your own tracks and share them with your friends. 8-}

I can’t imagine I would be disappointed! The only thing that could disappoint me, would be if you had micro-transactions in game, with a ‘pay-to-win’ theology. I love the style of game. I played a lot of Trials Frontier a while back and loved it, but, they had so many areas in the game that required you to pay some real money in order to progress! I HATE that in games.

Look forward to seeing the track editor! sounds cool!

We have no micro-transactions or pay-to-win at all. As Gobbo Games we believe that if you pay for the game you should be able to play the game. The Gold you use to unlock tracks and items is picked up while you play the game. So initially you start off with the first 3 tracks unlocked and as you play those tracks you will pick up chests of gold that will unlock the other tracks and allow you to buy visual upgrades for your Bike and Rider.

There is also a secret crate on every level that unlocks a new player or piece of equipment that can come in handy on future levels.

In game upgrades is perfectly fine by me! I have them in my game. I think it helps move the game along and gives the player something to work towards. So, thumbs up for that.

I like secrets in games as well! So, the secret crates are a welcome addition!

So excited for this!

https://fb-s-b-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/17630012_1507057105972246_8363065113890213733_n.jpg?oh=de02627f57e288550cbdedf3cfd91ee6&oe=59977BD4&gda=1499135979_38903ba509dd517148d11fc07617f97e

The game is now live on Steam … get it now with a 15% discount for the first week. We also made it on to #EpicFriday - https://twitter.com/UnrealEngine/status/847785174154723329

Get it now on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/552370

Already purchased! Great game. I can see I will have to practice to get good! I finished the level with a score of 9,000 (ish) and thought, yeah, I did good, let’s check the leaderboard…oh…OK…just need to multiply my score by 10…cool!

We were mentioned in a local South African Magazine called New Game + in their Local Indie Spotlight section. Pretty cool to see the game getting some love from them and hopefully we can continue to grow our following.