User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharp Temporal AA

@hallatore How well do your settings work when you have SSAO (on lowest quality setting) set to a high intensity? SSAO needs TAA to smooth it out, and all adjustments that make TAA look less blurry always resulted in worse SSAO look for me I think.

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    @hallatore How well do your settings work when you have SSAO (on lowest quality setting) set to a high intensity? SSAO needs TAA to smooth it out, and all adjustments that make TAA look less blurry always resulted in worse SSAO look for me I think.
    I'm a bit late to the party, but I only just came across this thread. The blurry default AA has been bugging me for a while now, but I couldn't find any way to improve it. Until now! It's definitely a trade-off between SSAO quality and Temporal AA sharpness, but the settings from hallatore are a huge improvement for my game. The grainy AO only really stands out on clean surfaces with little to no detail or texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Efrye View Post
    I'm a bit late to the party, but I only just came across this thread. The blurry default AA has been bugging me for a while now.
    I just posted this. Feel free to try it out https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?152681-Dynamic-Temporal-AA-sharpening

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12