User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unreal Engine 4.15 Preview

4.15p1 BUG:Enum is broken after converting from 4.14.3
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/552685/415-preview1-bug-enum-broken.html

Quote Originally Posted by Imsopov View Post
    I was close to using the forward renderer in our projects, the only thing that let it down for us was the reflections.
    Couldn't you set the material to High Quality Reflection for those objects that needed it? I did that at our project and it looks all fine. No problems with ugly reflections at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Syed View Post
    It is C++ compilations. It is not a performance increase..
    Meaning up to 50% faster in case I'm making a C++ project, for example? 'Cause that was what I was talking about, and it's huge, is it not?

Meaning 50% faster compilation of your C++ project. So, yes, it's huge. If you waste ~30 seconds waiting for things to compile when you push the button now, then you should only waste ~15 seconds waiting for things to compile in 4.15, according to the theory.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    Meaning 50% faster compilation of your C++ project. So, yes, it's huge. If you waste ~30 seconds waiting for things to compile when you push the button now, then you should only waste ~15 seconds waiting for things to compile in 4.15, according to the theory.
    Most probably one also has to modify their precompiled header to include only the related UE4 headers..
    IMO, you should fit an SSD - it speeds up the build process tremendously. Previously, yes many times you were left wondering what the heck is happening.. I pressed Ctrl+Shift+B.. nothing seems to be running.. and often, it took more than 1 minute to see build text printing in the output window.. With SSD it just builds..

But then, I also have VC2005 installed in my machine - I tried to build my old project with it, it is simply wayy faster.. lol. Much like turbo pascal vs turbo c 2.0 in my teen years...
    Last edited by Syed; 01-24-2017 at 02:37 AM.

Could we get a confirmation whether or not we'll see some more documentation regarding GameplayTags by the time 4.15 comes out?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by DamirH View Post
    Could we get a confirmation whether or not we'll see some more documentation regarding GameplayTags by the time 4.15 comes out?
    The documentation for Gameplay Tags will not yet be available by the time of the 4.15 release. They will be in progress and ready some time afterwards.

Cheers
    Stephen Ellis | Lead Engine Support Technician | Epic Games | @TheEpicStephen
    How to report a bug | >>Click here to report a bug<<

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    The note said Engine compilation, not Project compilation. You may see some improvement w.r.t your project build times, but I believe the main win is for people who compile the engine themselves.

I had a brief look at using the Logitech G29 steering wheel (ps3/ps4/pc version, slider set to ps4/pc) with the Raw Input plugin.

I created a clean project with 4.15, enbled the plugin and restarted editor.

Then I started a PIE, opened console and ran: showdebug input

The numbers seem to indicate that it senses changes to (most) buttons and axis.
    But when pressing and holding a button, I get like one frame where text shows a '1' for that button and then it goes back to '0'
    Axis are also a bit finnicky in that the output changes when pressing pedals, but values are also only shown for a frame or so before returning to '0'

This was with and without drivers installed.

Is this intended behaviour?
    Is there anything else I need to do?

When using the virtual joystick vJoy, the button is indicated as '1' until it is released and then it returns to '0'.

I have not put anything in DefaultInput.ini
    Last edited by danjo133; 01-24-2017 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    The documentation for Gameplay Tags will not yet be available by the time of the 4.15 release. They will be in progress and ready some time afterwards.

Cheers
    Thank you for the info!
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

The UE4 Trello road map page has mixed reality capability set to release in January or February. Any update on that? Also, any chance that Paper2D Sprites will become stereoscopic capable in the near future? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by liquidpza View Post
    The UE4 Trello road map page has mixed reality capability set to release in January or February.
    The roadmap tells us about the development period, not a release date. So here you should not expect a release before UE4.16, but it could even slip further to 4.17, depending on the time it takes to integrate it into master.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieburger View Post
    4.15 is still using the old unreleasable googlevr (daydream) plugin
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/546872/google-vr-plugins-are-outdated.html

Google requirements now require some features that are only in the newer versions of their plugin:
    publishing requirements: https://developers.google.com/vr/distribute/daydream/app-quality
    changelog: https://developers.google.com/vr/unreal/release-notes now up to version 1.10!

Does that mean daydream devs are stuck on 4.13 and the official UE4 builds stay without publishable daydream support? Or can we please get it in 4.15?!?
    Any news on this? I can't package Google VR projects for distribution and that's THE dealbreaker for mobile VR

Unreal Engine Developer
    UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 2 for 4.15! Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.15 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

For a list of known issues affecting this latest preview, please follow the links provided on the first post in this thread.

Cheers!

Fixed in Preview 2 - CL 3269047

Fixed! UE-40739 FSupportedAreaData Not Being Exported
    Fixed! UE-40428 Cannot add set/map variables to user defined structs
    Fixed! UE-40131 BP child not overriding parent's mesh in Nativized builds
    Fixed! UE-40616 Unable to load XMPP module warning upon opening the editor
    Fixed! UE-40751 Selecting the Clean or Rebuild options for a project in Visual Studio does not complete successfully
    Fixed! UE-39968 Shaders are compiled for Engine on first launch after fresh download
    Fixed! UE-37873 Crash: Corrupt asset/map data is no longer correctly detected and handled
    Fixed! UE-39677 SpeedTree Billboards rendering with Incorrect Material
    Fixed! UE-40943 'Wait for Movies to Complete' flag is Reversed in Packaged and Standalone Game
    Fixed! UE-40293 Dropdown selection box jitters when mouse is moved over top of it on Mac
    Fixed! UE-40276 Unable to go fullscreen in Standalone Game
    Fixed! UE-40492 Crash after ejecting from PIE session and selecting a component in the details panel
    Fixed! UE-40313 Window Switcher does not open and focus on Message Log
    Fixed! UE-40640 Importing skeletal mesh with LODs and no animations generates additional skeleton and physics assets
    Fixed! UE-40851 Post-Process "Dirt Mask Intensity" is nested within Bloom instead of Dirt Mask
    Fixed! UE-40538 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Core!FText::FText() [text.cpp:165]
    Fixed! UE-40814 "Combine Meshes" Breaks Material Slot Assignment
    Fixed! UE-40612 GitHub 3131 : UE-40567: Added nullcheck to FSplinePointDetails
    Fixed! UE-40567 Editor crashes when BP spline component is selected
    Fixed! UE-40855 Custom font reverts to default font in a packaged game
    Fixed! UE-38930 HISMC always shows lowest LOD
    Fixed! UE-40730 Compiling vehicle feature pack generates compile warnings
    Fixed! UE-40647 Map load errors after adding C++ Vehicle or VehicleAdvanced pack to a project
    Fixed! UE-40960 Child Actor does not get BeginPlay if SetClass used inside Parent's BeginPlay
    Fixed! UE-40505 Child Actor component is duplicated in Standalone Game
    Fixed! UE-40939 Inconsistent line ending prompts occur in Visual Studio after adding Vehicle C++ feature pack
    Fixed! UE-40768 SubwaySequencer crashes when launched in Standalone Game
    Fixed! UE-40654 Render Movie using separate process crashes capture process
    Fixed! UE-40852 ModifyCurve node does not call init/update on SourcePose nodes
    Fixed! UE-40850 Packaged VehicleGame loses in game music and other audio elements after selecting restart track via pause menu
    Fixed! UE-40614 "Clothing" options do not appear after importing an apx made with the 3.4 plugin
    Fixed! UE-40716 Cloth environment collisions with APEX clothing is not thread safe.
    Fixed! UE-40911 Possible crash reimporting destructible assets
    Fixed! UE-40785 Controller vibration occurs when simulating in viewport if an actor has a force feedback component regardless of attenuation distance.
    Fixed! UE-40700 Raw Input debug info doesn't display axis properties until input is made
    Fixed! UE-40418 Procedural meshes spawned at runtime cause a crash
    Fixed! UE-39819 Line Trace Does Not Register Hit On Bottom Of Landscape
    Fixed! UE-40764 changing physics type to simulated causes bodies to simulate in phat
    Fixed! UE-39703 MediaFramework MultiTrack on Windows failing to play correct media
    Fixed! UE-40644 Editor locks up on Windows 7 when attempting to play media
    Fixed! UE-40709 PlatformMediaSources fail to load in the editor.
    Fixed! UE-39701 App crashes on launch on tvOS/iOS
    Fixed! UE-40840 Vulkan crashes on Adreno Galaxy S7
    Fixed! UE-40659 Sequencer fails to package during Build command for ASTC
    Fixed! UE-40934 StrategyGame Crash on iOS when launching on
    Fixed! UE-40658 Textures black when Vulkan packaged for ETC1
    Fixed! UE-40698 QAGame Crashes on launch on iphone 6 (iOS 8)
    Fixed! UE-39110 FOnlineSessionLive leaves inconsistent state when FindSessions or CreateSession fail.
    Fixed! UE-40649 XboxOne: Crash in ShooterGame when joining a Quick Match
    Fixed! UE-38790 Opening Persona causes editor to crash on Linux
    Fixed! UE-40798 UI_BUILD_SHIPPING_EDITOR not defined warning occurs when building for Android
    Fixed! UE-40472 Joystick is missing from projects on certain iOS devices
    Fixed! UE-36999 Warnings displayed when launching the editor in DX12
    Fixed! UE-40803 Crash after entering DebugCreatePlayer console command on Sierra Mac in -game
    Fixed! UE-40690 Integrate fix for potential crash
    Fixed! UE-40942 Editor crashed when opening TM-MeshPaint in QAGame
    Fixed! UE-40781 [CrashReport] Mac crash in FMinimalDummyForwardLightingResources
    Fixed! UE-39734 Error maximum ps_5_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded on some materials in InfiltratorForward
    Fixed! UE-40727 Certain materials are failing to compile in sample projects
    Fixed! UE-40467 LogRenderer errors produced when using the restore button in viewport
    Fixed! UE-40915 GPU Particles flicker when using 2 Nvidia GPUs in SLI
    Fixed! UE-40891 Add GPU stat for compute morph targets
    Fixed! UE-40847 Editor crashes on launch with Intel graphics on El Cap
    Fixed! UE-40863 Editor crashes on Mac when launching with the command -MacExplicitRenderer=0
    Fixed! UE-40842 ContentExamples crashes on Mac Metal when pressing the button for Example 2.3 in UMG.umap
    Fixed! UE-40900 Right side of viewport renders black in stereoscopic
    Fixed! UE-38615 Editor crashes when exporting emitters while in PIE
    Fixed! UE-37908 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_SlateCore!FReply::FReply() [reply.h:244]
    Fixed! UE-39658 Forward Shading: Scene Capture 2D crash when assigning a RGB Capture Source
    Fixed! UE-40830 Multiple Post Processing displays are not working in Content Examples - Post Processing
    Fixed! UE-40926 Shadow artifacts in Content Examples due to bad light maps
    Fixed! UE-40890 ContentExamples: Character_Rendering Misspelling of "of" on the intro stand
    Fixed! UE-40825 Misspellings in Material_Properties level of ContentExamples
    Fixed! UE-40819 Misspelling in Material Nodes level of ContentExamples
    Fixed! UE-40928 ContentExamples: UMG stand 1.2 mispelling of useful as "userful"
    Fixed! UE-40882 ContentExamples: Volumes Example 1.5 "This Volumes" is improper grammar
    Fixed! UE-40870 ContentExamples: Animation Stand 1.10 after unpossessing character the camera spawns too low causing a pop when moving again
    Fixed! UE-40887 Content Examples: Blueprints_Overview Stand 1.7 Spark particle system does not fire from coin
    Fixed! UE-40916 Able to see cut off landscape in SunTemple in VR
    Fixed! UE-40642 New Visibility Track creates an offset Visible(0) track in Sequencer
    Fixed! UE-40082 Level Visibilty track in Sequencer does not play in PIE
    Fixed! UE-40487 Tracks remain collapsed when adding audio/animations
    Fixed! UE-40570 GPU work performed between PostPresentHandoff and WaitGetPoses
    Fixed! UE-39654 Crash when launching Google VR project
    Fixed! UE-40683 GearVR projects rendering black
    Fixed! UE-39304 Crash in Forward Renderer DX11 RHI Impl when using VR PIE
    Fixed! UE-40790 COTF has issues with out-of-source projects

REMEMBER: Please report any new bugs you find by following the How To Report a Bug Guide

Infiltrator
    Thanks for all your hard work Guys, I had a feeling there would be the second preview. I cant wait to port my project over, when 4.15 is official. I have a feeling thats the last update before we release.

-Cheers

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by rasamaya View Post
    I had a feeling there would be the second preview
    Assuming nothing unforeseen causes delays, we plan to still have two more updated previews before release.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rasamaya View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work Guys, I had a feeling there would be the second preview. I cant wait to port my project over, when 4.15 is official. I have a feeling thats the last update before we release.

-Cheers
    Hehe. My guess is that get to Preview 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    Fixed! UE-39654 Crash when launching Google VR project
    Fixed! UE-40683 GearVR projects rendering black
    Nice fixes for mobile VR

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by danjo133 View Post
    I had a brief look at using the Logitech G29 steering wheel (ps3/ps4/pc version, slider set to ps4/pc) with the Raw Input plugin.

I created a clean project with 4.15, enbled the plugin and restarted editor.

Then I started a PIE, opened console and ran: showdebug input

The numbers seem to indicate that it senses changes to (most) buttons and axis.
    But when pressing and holding a button, I get like one frame where text shows a '1' for that button and then it goes back to '0'
    Axis are also a bit finnicky in that the output changes when pressing pedals, but values are also only shown for a frame or so before returning to '0'

This was with and without drivers installed.

Is this intended behaviour?
    Is there anything else I need to do?

When using the virtual joystick vJoy, the button is indicated as '1' until it is released and then it returns to '0'.

I have not put anything in DefaultInput.ini
    Thanks for trying it out. I would not expect to see the values popping back to 0 so quickly. It might be interesting to see what the output from "showdebug rawinput" is as that is the plugins direct representation of the buttons and axes instead of the engine's once the data has filtered up to it. When testing with the G920 that we have in the office the numbers for both showdebug input and rawinput do not pop back to 0 or any such thing but rather hold their value until the axis/button is released.

Is there any chance for "Function inputs to automatically create Local Variables when added" in near future?
    If you could do one small thing for Blueprints in this or next release - please do this one.
    It's one of weirdest annoyance you encounter when you switch from "standard" programming language to fully visual Blueprints. I would save one bad word every time I need to use local variable in complex BP function...

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-6936
    Come on, it got 21 votes
    Last edited by kjustynski; 01-27-2017 at 11:21 AM.

UE-10109 is finally fixed? That's so exciting! Will make seamless VR experiences so much easier to create.

Ive been crossing my fingers for last few days going:

Please cascade be stable, please cascade be stable, please cascade be stable.
    because I havent moved from my comfy stable 4.11.. out of fear..

Unreal Engine Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by jwainwright View Post
    UE-10109 is finally fixed? That's so exciting! Will make seamless VR experiences so much easier to create.
    See this for more details about the fix. https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?59258-Level-Streaming-setting-for-smooth-unload&p=652546&viewfull=1#post652546

Quote Originally Posted by Luos View Post
    Ive been crossing my fingers for last few days going:

Please cascade be stable, please cascade be stable, please cascade be stable.
    because I havent moved from my comfy stable 4.11.. out of fear..
    I know the feeling. The next time I find a version as stable as 4.10 was for me, I'm going to stick with it as long as I can.

Which won't be all that long, because I'm a compulsive upgrader. ;-)

Anyone else have issues compiling their plugins after 4.15p2?

Quote Originally Posted by Mootjuh View Post
    Everytime I see one of your posts, I can't help but think you are having a lighting problem!

Yes, I got some cryptic errors along the lines of:
    cannot convert argument 1 from 'TArray<TPair<FName,uint8>,FDefaultAllocator>' to 'TArray<TPair<FName,int64>,FDefaultAllocator> &

Deleting intermediate and forcing rebuild fixed it for me though.

Went to see my friend and check the VR Editor with Vive for the first time. I can't wait the whole thing going to be implemented there. Building VR experience would be VR experience itself, proper wrapping Good work!

apologies for being too lazy to put them all up on the bug thing on answerhub, but its 3:20 am.
    Bed.

additionally:
    On ctrl + b browser pops up auto-selecting the material/emitter/etc you where working in.
    An editor option to disable this and just pop up with last selected in content browser would make my workflow much better.

Selecting constant curve in cascade’s distribution created a collapsed empty version, workflow would dictate it to be open. (could save me a few hundred if not more clicks a day)
    (seems semi-random, or I dont see the logic)

Quote Originally Posted by Luos View Post
    apologies for being too lazy to put them all up on the bug thing on answerhub, but its 3:20 am.
    Bed.
    I just wonder why you need an explanation for what "Round" does?

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    I just wonder why you need an explanation for what "Round" does?
    Up or Down? Does it split the edge case of 0.5? Or is it always up or down?

That is a simple, one line thing to put in docs, and does, actually, matter.

Now, sure, I can test it myself, but then, why document most stuff, right?

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by Joviex View Post
    Up or Down? Does it split the edge case of 0.5? Or is it always up or down?

That is a simple, one line thing to put in docs, and does, actually, matter.

Now, sure, I can test it myself, but then, why document most stuff, right?
    Totally agree, after years of programming and working with so many APIs I noticed that in general developers have the same view on how things are implemented, but there are always some small details...

Last edited by BartlomiejMaczka; 01-26-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moookiexl View Post
    Yes, I got some cryptic errors along the lines of:
    cannot convert argument 1 from 'TArray<TPair<FName,uint8>,FDefaultAllocator>' to 'TArray<TPair<FName,int64>,FDefaultAllocator> &

Deleting intermediate and forcing rebuild fixed it for me though.
    Yes, with new include model of the Engine (include only what you need) you have to add some more explicit headers (instead of generic ones like Engine.h or Slate.h) in your plugin source files...

Also an Engine plugin follow different rules than a Game Project plugin, which could be a big pain (still have to find a 'portable' way to do it, or will have to raise an issue)
    Last edited by SRombauts; 01-26-2017 at 03:51 AM.

hm..weird .. In my system, There is no impressive build time reduction. it's almost same. .

Rebuild with DebugGame Editor configuration takes 22minutes.

I7 6900K, 16gb, mx200 512gb.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast