Third Person Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, Paragon characters, QTE & new stuff is coming!

community pick final.jpg

Update 2.0 is available now! More updates, documentation and tutorials will be released early 2022.

=======> TPS Kit v2.0 Launch trailer <=======

Third Person Shooter Kit serves as a base for third person camera game. It’s a 100% blueprint project, with detailed features level and notes inside blueprints. It contains advanced mechanics like cover system and robust AI.

Marketplace link: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…on-shooter-kit

Discord channel -

Main features:

• Cover system

• Human AI (hostile and friendly)

• First person aiming

• Advanced weapon system

• Impact system

• Melee attacks system

• Hit reaction system

• Exploding barrel

• Surveillance camera

• Stationary and flying turrets

• Items system

• And much much more!

e-mail: side.scroller.shooter@outlook.com

Feel free to ask questions.

Tutorials:

Changing character mesh to Paragon (or any other) character tutorial:

Mixamo character integration tutorial:

Other updates:

May 2019 update walkthrough video:

Unofficial documentation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1…it?usp=sharing

Saved for updates

26 January 2017

• submitted to Epic
  • added new gameplay video

2 February 2017

• submitted files to Epic
  • added new gameplay video

3 February 2017

• Epic accepted my pack - release date is set to February 8th

8 February 2017

Great Job! Can’t wait to see this on the marketplace :smiley:

Thanks :slight_smile: I hope it will be released next month.

Where is the “Buy now!” button!!!1 :open_mouth:

Hi , nice kit.

Can covering be done anywhere like skeletal meshes or is it only bound to an actor for static meshes?

I would also like to see kill sequences as DOOM from the tps perspective. Are such feautre planned as update?

Now if this was Multiplayer would be Perfect

1 You can have cover anywhere you want. It’s a blueprint actor which you place on the level and you can adjust it size and so on as you like.

2 You mean somthing like finishers? I have only stealth kill for now. I don’t have any finishers animations for now, so I’m not planning that feature.

Unfortunately I didn’t set it up for multiplayer, but I think it can be done with no big effort. Look at this tutorial series from Epic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abmzWUWxy1U

Today I’ve submitted kit to Epic and released new video from demo level

Looks cool. I’ll have to check this out.

YES! Really looking forward to this and taking my project to an environment I’m more familiar with. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

That’s great! Your project is good example how quickly you can make something playable and good looking using my kit.

How Long till its on the store? this kit sounds awesome and i’d like to buy it.

I’ve just submitted files to Epic, so I’m guessing it will be out in a month.

Here’s new video from example campaign levels:

Epic has accepted my pack and kit will be released marketplace on February 8th! :slight_smile:

Awesome news! Can’t wait. :]

@FastGamerr @pharrowboy @MeshMagnet @theevil128 @McRangerRare @Sen3D @Mickey512 @odi

Third Person Shooter Kit is finally out on Unreal Marketplace! :smiley:

Here’s new trailer

This looks epic! Nice work.

Excellent! Here’s hoping I’ll get some free time soon to really get into editing with this one. Thanks again!. :]

Very good. The only thing on the market that’s a complete mini game. I would recommend this to a beginner only if they want an example project on what can be done. What would be great would be some kind of tutorials or breakdowns on how everything is done. Just implementing sections of the menu map would take someone with above intermediate knowledge. That could be a series of tutorials in itself. Not to mention dozens of gameplay mechanics and extras that are in this pack. Simple things like changing weapons takes more than just providing a new mesh.
Personally I’m finding a lot of “I didn’t know you could do that” and “How did he do that”.

Don’t get me wrong. This is about one of the best things on the market right now and has stuff you can’t find. (well worth at least twice the price) But, for someone who is at a point where they have maps already designed but doesn’t know how to take it to the “next level”, using this as a template could be confusing.
Something similar to the tutorial series for the Generic Shooter would be perfect.