[Google VR] iOS App crashes with Google VR using UE4 4.13.2-release

Hi Guys,
i was working on Building an iOS App using UE4 4.13.2-release version these days,.

and i found a big thing that i can only use GVR Plugins with Development,but cannot Shipping.

Thanks for reading, i now successfully run App with GVR Plugins in iOS Device On Development , but when i post my App to iTunes Connect on Shipping, and download it from iTunes Connect, something happened unfortunately, App crashed..... 

and i try several times.. my app downloaded from iTunes Connect still crashed. 

Thanks for some advises...

Not sure if iOS is supported for the googlevr plugin yet?

Hey Vivian! Having the exact same problem. Did you manage to solve it somehow?

Looks like the latest version of the plugin by google fixes the iOS crash according to the release notes: https://developers.google.com/vr/unreal/release-notes

Unfortunately Epic have not included these updates in the stock UE4 plugin - meaning you either need to compile a 4.13 build from the google link or use this custom build for 4.14 made by a user here: GoogleVRControllerInputComponent in branch 4.13-google-vr ? - VR and AR Development - Unreal Engine Forums

The direct link is

do you have any idea if anyone could succesfully deploy a project with googlevr + arm64 for ios without the app crashing right after the splash?

This link is dead.

I have this problem too, building arm64 shipping package for ios, with google vr enabled, crash the app right after splash.

I suggest you to join the discussion in the support area, so, someone from staff pays attention to this important question.

That link isn’t dead, you just aren’t logged in to github with an unreal linked account to view it.
Although, it doesn’t matter because many updates were added for Google VR to stock Unreal 4.15.

edit: nvm you are testing unreal 4.15.
Yeah, don’t use the link, it’s outdated.

Hey, is anyone able to run Shipping build for iOS with GoogleVR plugin enabled? It seems, that there is a bug, wich causes app crash after launch. I used 4.15.3 and 4.16.2 versions of the engine, and 4.16-googlevr source build, everytime the game crashes after launch… It seems that its not a popular problem, because every post that i found about it was made half-year ago. But it is very important to have an ability to launch shipping builds, because without it you can’t publish games to AppStore… Any ideas, any news?