Action RPG Toolkit

The Action RPG Toolkit is now available for purchase on Sellfy at https://sellfy.com/p/kYVX/

Support Email: rebelcampgames@gmail.com

The Action RPG Toolkit is a toolkit for creating a game like Diablo, Path of Exile, Torchlight etc… It aims to bring you a lot of features like the mentioned games in a package that is simple to use in terms of gameplay and further development. This package can be used by people that don’t want the hassle of programming their own game and want to focus on the art side of a game. It can also be used by programmers that want a great starting point to start on a new Action RPG game. It can ofcourse be used for learning purposes as well.

Features:

• Character creation system: Create multiple characters you can play.

• Combat system: Warrior and Sorcerer class with 11 example skills. Melee combat and Ranged combat

• Skill System: Drag and drop skills to your action bar to use with the action buttons of your choice.

• Monster AI: A melee monster that will search for the player, and look for the last player location if it loses sight of the player.

• Elite Monsters: Uncommon and Champion monsters with 3 example monster affix skills.

• Stat system: Attributes like Power, Defense, Endurance and Willpower that influence your damage, armor, resistance, health and mana.

• Leveling System: Acquire experience points and gain levels which unlocks new skills and more powerful items to equip.

• Inventory and Equipment system: Manage your items in the inventory and equip them to your character adding character stats upon equipping.

• Random item generation: Random items are dropped upon defeating monsters, with random stat suffixes and item quality/rarity based upon entered drop chance numbers.

• Salvage System: Salvage your items into crafting materials. There are also auto salvage options.

• Health globes: Monsters will sometimes drop health globes that will restore a portion of your health to keep combat fast-paced.

• Potion system: A potion can be used upon pressing a button that will restore a portion of your health

• Town Portal System: Upon pressing a button you will create a portal that will return you to town.

• Save/Load system: Save your game and continue playing the game with loaded stats, inventory and equipped items.

• Quest System: Simple sidequests that you can complete and earn experience, gold and item rewards

• Extensive written documentation

• Full in blueprint scripts

• Continued development/support

• **Singleplayer **only

• People who bought the package will receive updates for free

Planned features for the future:

• Crafting System
  • Shared Stash
  • NPC vendors
  • Minimap
  • Set items

More features to be implemented upon time moving forward. Also based on requests.

Intended Platforms: Desktop
Tested Platforms: Windows
Engine Compatibility: 4.14 - 4.15

Support Email: rebelcampgames@gmail.com

Here’s a little introduction movie to show of some of the features!

First time setup

1. Open up MainMenuMap level and build the level
  2. Open up Arena level and build the level
  3. Open up Town level and build the level
  4. Now open up MainMenuMap level again and play

note: It is important to first build the levels for navigation to work, also it is important to first play the game starting from the MainMenuMap level, so you can create your first character. Playing from other maps won’t work until you created your first character!

Documentation

You can find documentation in PDF format by going to Content/ActionRPGToolkit/Documentation inside your windows explorer. (The pdf’s won’t show up inside unreal engine, because it doesn’t support PDF’s)

• Setup Documentation.pdf -> This shows some of the most common things you can add or edit for game design/balance
  • Gameplay Documentation.pdf -> This shows you the controls for the game and explains more about how the game works and some design intentions.

Change Log

Version 1.1

• New feature: Waypoints. You are now able to travel between multiple levels you created.
  • You are now able to hide buildings or roofs when it occludes the character by giving it the tag “Hideable”.
  • Added set items to the loot tables, in preparation to implement them further. Currently there are no set bonusses yet when equipping multiple parts
  • Improved the system for armor and resistance, armor and resistance now provide you with % damage reduction
  • Added Legendary power affixes to legendary items above lvl 35 in preparation to implement legendary powers later on.
  • Improved rendering the character in blue when it is occluded by a building or roof. It now no longer triggers when behind Enemy’s.
  • Fixed a bug with collision settings, where NPC’s and enemy’s would be pushed forward when running into them with the sorcerer class.
  • Fixed a bug where some spells could be used even if you didn’t have the required mana.
  • Fixed some errors popping up in the logs when monsters died, but their duration spells still tried to do damage.
  • Fixed a bug where your attacks and spells would damage and kill NPC’s.
  • Fixed a bug where ranged enemy’s projectiles would not damage the player.
  • Fixed an error where ranged enemy’s couldn’t find the player.
  • Fixed skill tooltips to display mana required scaled with character level.
  • Removed the “Quest Tracker” title from the quest tracker, it was in the way.
  • Fixed a bug where accepting 2 quests at once, the quest tracker would update the wrong quest kill number.
  • Fixed a bug where skill button 4 would not work on AZERTY keyboards.
  • Added boundaries to the camera rotation vertically, so you can’t flip rotation axis.
  • Fixed a bug where resistance on jewelry didn’t save/load properly.
  • Added loading screens when switching levels.
  • Added more sections in the documentation and now placed the documentation directly in the zip file.

Known Issues

• When switching jewelry, sometimes the resistance doesn’t get switched properly.
  • Ranged enemy’s sometimes loose track of the player and keep attacking in the direction of where they last saw the player.

I’m ready to throw my money at you!
Looks very promising!

In the process of adding a Sorcerer class to the toolkit! Here’s a preview of the first 3 skills I implemented:

Really impressive work.

I’m completely jealous as I was somehow wanted to work on such a plugin for a long time now. But that’s how things go I believe.

I wish you the best for this Plugin :slight_smile:

EDIT: To sum up the thoughts I had regarding the price, I think it depends on how modular the kit is and how much built-in content there is / documentation and support.

Date release???

you say feb? we are in April! i want to buy it!

Hi Smiljan,

Unfortunately the pack was rejected by epic because of naming conventions that don’t follow their rules etc… I have quite some work updating all that, I’m doing my best to get it on their as quickly as possible.

Thanks for waiting and my apologies for the inconvenience!

Super ! CAN’T WAIT!

Updated the first post with currently implemented features and replaced the movie with a new movie that shows some of the new implemented features.

Good Lord i love it! 2 super important things are , been able to roll like hitting space bar, that way wont be bouring as hell the combat , second have you play divinity ? they have like a transparent thing for buildings when the are tall or occluded by camera.

Also will be very nice to have a slot in inventory for arms armor , boots and another ring because you have 2 arms. Or can be a slot for glooves instead of arms and add boots and another ring

Also i hope you can rotate the camera wiht the middle mouse button to have more field distance in view co people can choose what angle of camera they want.

You can you can implement this things? doing that will be super complete system and i love it so far this will be perfect for my game.

This pack will be glorious because most important deep documentation.

Best Regards .

One thing i noted is the things that drop in ground after killing should not be displayed automaticly , that to me is kind of anoying , give the posibility tho show those items hitting ALT or if you pass the cursor over.

You can disable item labels by pressing ctrl.
You can hit Shift to stop movement and use a skill, so you don’t have to click on an enemy. These things are a bit hidden in the movie.

I’m also working on hiding the health plates above monsters heads by pressing V, but that’s for a future update.

Rotating camera and zooming is now added to the to-do list :slight_smile: And adding slots for gloves, boots, ring and offhand is on the to-do list for the further future. I originally started this project trying to keep things simple, but it will be expanded over time.

Awesome ! and what about the transparency on objects that are occluded by camera , becuase thats is very important .

Regards.

I was thinking about doing it the way Torchlight 2 handles it. Having the character render out behind a wall. So you see your character even when it is behind an object. But that’s still on the to-do list

Edit: Rotating camera with Middle-mouse button is done, zooming camera with scrolling mouse wheel is also done.

Now moving forward with pressing and holding alt to temporarily invert item label visibility. While pressing Ctrl still enables always display or always hide item labels

Awesome! , will be interesting how it works the visibility like torchlight :slight_smile:

The only problem with that is for interiors if lets say i can see the roof of a house and torchlight kind of visibility is like a xray effect and that wont be cool. Just saying .

Topdown games like these usually don’t design their levels to have roofs, designing your levels so that they don’t have roofs is easier than setting up transparent buildings. The way that would work is by having tracing channels, which means that every object in the game world that might possibly cull your character will have to be set up with custom collision channel.

The torchlight way of doing things it automatically detects occlusion culling and you don’t have to setup anything when designing your levels.

The torchlight way of doing things is already implemented btw :slight_smile: haha I’m quick

Also showing/hiding item labels with Alt is implemented. All those requested features I made are for a future update with version 1.1 though. As I have already submitted version 1.0 to Epic. Fingers crossed that it will be accepted this time!

Rejected again because of total stupid reasons. I’m working on a solution to get this out there without the unreal marketplace!

God dam ! again?? i want to buy now! :slight_smile: , about hiding divinity enhanced edition uses roofs and that’s super cool , i know there must be a way , i will like to dicuss that matter with you personally when i got your pack and i begin testing .

veyr bets luck on submitting come on Epic help Us.