The Better Days - A short visual story

Hey everyone! This is my first post here and I’m very happy to present to you a project I have been working on for some months this last year.

I have been tinkering with Unreal for some time and was always so impressed with the work I have seen in these forums. I decided to make a sort film combining architectural visualization with visual storytelling and music.

It took 2000+ models and hundreds of textures (a lot of those custom made). This project really pushed my pc to its limits as the levels had to collectively deal with over 50 mil polygons!

I would love to get some feedback on the video! :slight_smile: This is a personal project of mine that I completed in my free time as a student.

Είναι καταπληκτικό, χίλια μπράβο!

This is a really great visual story. I really enjoyed watching it. Loved the Melon Cola reference on the Coke can. Cheeky! haha.

One thing I would say is the camera work was a little ‘janky’. I really liked the slow bob, it gave it a more natural feel, but, with some of the horizontal pans, the camera would shift speeds, as though you had an extra keyframe in there that wasn’t spaced the same.

Overall, I think you have created something truly lovely. You should be proud!

Cheers

Jay.

Thanks Jay! You are the first one to mention the “Melon Cola”, hehe. :slight_smile: There are also some other interesting small things I put there for those who take a closer look, just for fun. As for the camera work, I know there are some weak spots and I’ll try to improve for the next project I’ll be working on. It was a little overwhelming doing this project, as it was the first I completed, and some areas were indeed a little overlooked. Thanks again for the feedback!

Thanks itsapats, ευχαριστώ! :slight_smile:

Fantastic work! It’s a blast in all aspects :smiley:

Truly enjoyed all the seconds of the video!!!

Thanks Steve! Your enthusiasm is great motivation, really appreciated! :slight_smile: