User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrain Blending Tool (based on Star Wars: Battlefront)

Hi some time ago I try to create similar thing, it's not finished and perfect. I need to clean up this a little and after that I upload somewhere project files.

http://i.imgur.com/RrWplZx.png

http://i.imgur.com/so9lF8w.png

Quote Originally Posted by Salameander View Post
    Hi some time ago I try to create similar thing, it's not finished and perfect. I need to clean up this a little and after that I upload somewhere project files.

http://i.imgur.com/RrWplZx.png

http://i.imgur.com/so9lF8w.png
    Nice ! What technique did you use? Also Distance Fields or something else entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSky View Post
    You could also plug a dither node multiplied by a strength factor into the pixelDepthOffset.

In this screenshots it looks pixelated but in engine it's not very noticable.
    Yeah, someone on polycount also mentioned this technique. Apparently it is used in some UT maps . I thinkt it's definitely less peformance heavy, so this technique could be used for mobile, unlike my solution . It's very cool, but I'm trying to push the visual fidelity a bit further .

Any updates on this? Really looking forward to using this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mireneye View Post
    Any updates on this? Really looking forward to using this!
    The deadline of the project is in two weeks, so I probably will put it up then . I have exams now, so everything is a bit busy at the moment

Hi sorry I forgot about this topic, so my project its only test and WIP but if you need it here you are: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfyll7cfsvqtxhi/BlendingTest2.rar?dl=0
    It has many limitations so if you improve this solution it will be nice to see it .

Quote Originally Posted by Salameander View Post
    Hi sorry I forgot about this topic, so my project its only test and WIP but if you need it here you are: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfyll7cfsvqtxhi/BlendingTest2.rar?dl=0
    It has many limitations so if you improve this solution it will be nice to see it .
    Tested it, and I get results looking like this, which I assume is wrong:
    Name:  CXPcJgt.jpg
Views: 3411
Size:  255.3 KB

Any ideas/help appreciated?

I found this: https://80.lv/articles/free-solution-for-blending-meshes-into-landscape/
    But for me it doesn't look like that. I made sure I have "Generate Mesh Distance Fields" in project setting enabled and also uncheck “Affect Distance Field” on Static Mesh.

GenerateMeshDistanceFields enabled?

Thats some pretty good material witchcraft. Would definitely add this to my projects.

Any news about the shader ? looks awesome

I would try it to my test of cartoon open world

Any news ?

Any updates on this amazingly looking project?

Infiltrator
    Would love to see the method used here, even a tiny simple project with the material setup would be so helpful! Thanks

i am interested in this too

Me too! This looks fantastic!

Champion
    This would be great if it could be included in Unreal 4.16.
    Please Epic make it happen

very nice! & Congrats on graduation

This is intense and a much-needed tool in terrain creation! I would love to experiment with this and am looking forward to the tool release!

I am also interested in this tool, I hope it will be released

Hi any updates on this? Looks like a wonderful resource and the company I work for would definitely pay to be able to use this for upcoming projects

Hey up guys, that post is actually visible in the hightlight project on the Epic launcher. It's old i can see, but...
    I'm interested by this tool, seeing that is exist in Unity... In UE do its now disponible ? Or a tool like this can give the same effect ?

This tool needs to happen!
    I'm looking forward to it!

Having read through this thread, the final conclusion I get is that the UE4 material editor really needs a "color at XY" node to fetch the color below at a given point. That would make this sort of effect trivial.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Very impressive work here! I am looking forward to hearing more about this and seeing it on the marketplace.

It looks very promising. Any progress with marketplace?

Supporter
    How do you know the normal to the terrain? Or always horizontal terrain?
    As in this case works SSAO? Did not he creates visual ditch?

When will this be available? this would bring map design to the next level for indie gamers!

Yep, such plugin looks really great. Can't wait until it's released!

Samaritan
    Quote Originally Posted by DamirH View Post
    Having read through this thread, the final conclusion I get is that the UE4 material editor really needs a "color at XY" node to fetch the color below at a given point. That would make this sort of effect trivial.
    I hear and second your statement. And your signature >

very very nice! thank you for the contribution!

Looking great! Maybe make a shot video on how you did it?

Supporter
    Looks great!

This is really good stuff, I hope you can continue to develop and release it. I do architectural visualizations in UE4 and it's a common issue with our visuals to have too many sharp edges. Looking forward to learning from this project! Good work!

I will give you $59.99 to sell this shader to me. Great work.

That's really nice! Any idea when it will be available?

I am continually monitoring this thread looking for release info

Infiltrator
    This is GREAT!!! I would definitely buy this. I could use it on my current project. Any updates on its release to marketplace?

Also very interested in this resource. When does it seem like it will be released?

Thanks for all the awesome work!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast