Ark Dev Kit Tutorials E01-E05(Episodes added regularly)

Mystic Academy Tuts Introduces The Ark Dev Kit Series

I have noticed that a lot of modders need help with things in the kit so I decided to start doing some video tutorials for the community. I believe it would be more fun making mods if there were more people out there competing. The way I can help with that is by trying to pass what I have learned while building mods. I take requests for tuts as well. Considering videos have been rare lately thought I’d add up to date stuff. Keep an eye on my channel a lot of new tuts will be coming out for the dev kit.

Ark Dev Kit Series E01 Intro to The Ark Dev Kit & Avoiding Errors

In this episode I go over what you will need to install the dev kit and things you can do to avoid errors

Ark Dev Kit Series E02 Setting Up Your First Mod

In this episode I go over what files you need for any mod. I show you how to link your primal game data file test mode and level.

Ark Dev Kit Series E03 Making A Resource

In this episode we go over how to make your first resource. This universal method can be used to make new resources needed for recipes in all your future Mods.

Ark Dev Kit Series E04 Making A Melee Weapon

In this episode we go through how to make a melee weapon a ax to be exact we also add it to engrams.

Ark Dev Kit Series E05 Creating First Projectile Weapon (Spear)

In this episode we go over how to add a new projectile weapon. We make a spear with a new particle effect on impact.

Ark Dev Kit Series E06 Creating a Tranq Arrow That Also Depletes Hunger

In this episode I cover a request by a viewer to make a tranq arrow that also depletes hunger.

Here are a couple pics of things you need checked in the buff for the arrow to work on dinos.

Ark Dev Kit Series E07 Setting Up A New Supply Drop

In this episode we go over how to create a supply drop and add it to your mod.

Ark Dev Kit Series E08 Making an Admin Code For Your Mod

In this episode I explain how to make an admin code for your new items.

Ark Dev Kit Series E09 How To Upload Your First Mod

This is an episode on how to upload your mods.

Ark Dev Kit Series E10 How To Install My source Files To Your Dev Kit

In this episode I explain how to install my source files. Remember each new video means you need to update your source files.

Ark Dev Kit Series E11 Building A New Craftable Island (Expert)

In this video I Created a floating island with a built on cave. This is an Expert Tut because I just am going through the building there is no instruction in this video.

If you guys would like other tuts that go over parts of what are in the Expert Videos That is coll just let me know.

This set of tuts is designed to give advanced modders some new tools to work with pause and rewind to see detailed spots.

Ark Dev Kit Series E12 How To Update Your Mod

In This Episode We Go Over How To Update Your Mod

Ark Dev Kit Series E13 How To Use Tek Textures Without Errors

In this episode I cover how to use materials in the dev kit. Transferring the files needed inside materials created by wildcard.

Ark Dev Kit Series E14 Building A Craftable Cabin (Expert)

In this video I Created a Craftable Cabin with a built on cave. This is an Expert Tut because I just am going through the building there is no instruction in this video.

If you guys would like other tuts that go over parts of what are in the Expert Videos That is cool just let me know.

This set of tuts is designed to give advanced modders some new tools to work with pause and rewind to see detailed spots.

Ark Dev Kit Series E15 How To Raise Dino Levels For New Modded Dinos & Vanilla

In This Episode We Go Over How To Raise Level Cap For Dino And Player & How to make vanilla and modded spawners higher level.

Ark Dev Kit Series E16 How To Make A Non-Rideable Dino Rideable

In This Episode I respond to a unreal forum issue a user was having in dev kit. I show how to properly re-rig a non rideable dino with animations and attacks.

I Use a jerboa like he was using.

Ark Dev Kit Series E17 How To Make A Dino

In this episode I cover a touchy topic. I will be showing how to make a basic dino variation. This tutorial can be used in many different ways to accomplish the goal of making your first dino in the ark dev kit. I also go over how to add it to your spawners and adding saddles.

Ark Dev Kit Series E18 How To Edit Particle Effects

In this tutorial I go over how to edit a particle effect. In the example I use a standard flame and show how you change the colors. This can be used in any particle for you mod project.

Ark Dev Kit Series E19 How To Add A Wander Harvest To Your Dino

In this tutorial I go over how to make it so your modded dino will harvest resources within a radius.

Ark Dev Kit Series E20 How To Make Harambe From Ark Comes Alive

In this tutorial I go Over how to make Harambe a gorilla that is tameable seen in ACA.

Ark Dev Kit Series E21 How To Change A BP From Electric To Gas Powered

In this tutorial I go Over how to make a auto turret run off gas instead of Electricity.

Ark Dev Kit Series E22 How To Make A Custom Icon

In this tutorial we go over how to make custom icons for your mod.

Ark Dev Kit Series E23 How To Make A Dino Treat

In this tutorial I go over how to make a new dino treat aka dino kibble.

Ark Dev Kit Series E24 How To Make A Smithy Dino

In This Tutorial we Go over how to make a smithy dino like was made for my mod mystic academy.

Ark Dev Kit Series E25 Projectile System

Future Videos

Changing Player Pawn base values

I know that these first couple are covering the basics but I need everyone to understand the workflow of being in the dev kit as we get further the tuts will become more complex. I hope this is helpful to the community.

I Decided To Put The Source Out For This Mod As I Build It May Help. You will Need to extract the folder with files and place in same directory as the dev kit mods directory you use.

If you have questions or just wanna chat here is the mystic academy discord

If you feel I have helped you or feel like donating here is a link

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=HVXFJXJRUSHTQ

I am looking forward to the more advanced ones, thanks for doing this.

your welcome

next upisode is getting uploaded now

this sux the title isn’t changing like it’s supposed to when I add Episodes

Could an admin just change this title to

Ark Dev Kit Video Tutorials

would be great

Any chance you can do a tut on editing boss dinos to be able to spawn in the wild & act like a normal dino? AIController, etc. Also, dino drops.

yes i can do tuts on those

added source for files I’m using in series will update that source as episodes go on

A few other good ones would be custom armor, guns (like the tek gun), extra dino attacks (how to add them etc, like how the quetz has a barrel roll anim but it’s not a default attack). Editing dino variant stats (health, melee etc.) How to set overall dino level for the mod.

These are all questions i’ve seen in the discord where people get stuck on. I’ll throw more ideas up here as i can think of more to help you out.

Make stack tutorial i am stuck on stack mod

i could make a stack mod tut

I will be posting a expert tut today

Nice! What will it be covering?

building a new craftable floating island

Uploaded 3 new episodes

Just added episodes 14-16

No tuts today?

Great videos mate! Could I ask you one thing??
Is it possible to raise the recording resolution quality? 480p seem a bit blurry… I would love to have it higher. It’s just a point of screen quality view … the content is great :smiley: I am learning alot!
Side note:
Subscribed :smiley:

I talked to him yesterday and told him to use Camtasia. He is now using that for future tutorials :slight_smile:

I just updated my recording software to camtasia so my new tuts will be higher quality