November #ue4jam, Nov. 10-13th - GO WITH THE FLOW

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4566086/novemberGameJam.jpg

Here are your winners!**
Niagara - We Lost The Keys Due To Physics
Float - Azaia Team
Winds of Revenge - Team Crybabies
THE RULES

• We will announce the theme on the November 10th stream, when the jam officially kicks-off.

• Make an amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.

• Submit a download link to the Submission Thread before **midnight on the night of November 13th/ morning of November 14th **including the following:

• Team Name

• List of Team Members

• Name of submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
    After you post your submission, PM me with the email addresses of your team members (up to 5), the name of your team and the name of your project. That makes it easier to get in contact with everyone, so make sure to send that info over!

• A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:

• Unique use of theme

• Fun factor

• Overall Visuals

• Detailed rules here.

• All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our and shown on Twitch.

THE PRIZES

The top 3 submissions will receive an Epic Swag Box with all sorts of goodies, a “Game Jam Finalist” forum badge, a featured playthrough on the December 1st Twitch stream (Sorry for the wait, American holiday the week before!), as well as a highlight on Unreal Engine launcher!

HOUDINI LICENSES
In addition to the Epic Swag Box, each member of the winning teams will be receiving 1-year of Houdini Indie (including the Houdini Engine) provided by SideFX. This amazing tool can be used with UE4 through the official Houdini plugin.

AIPD KEYS
Also in addition to the Epic Swag Box, each member of the winning teams will be receiving a free copy of AIPD. You will have a choice of Xbox One, PS4 or Steam keys.

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown](Time since Nov 10, 2016 2:00 pm started in Raleigh)
Submission Deadline Countdown](Time since Nov 14, 2016 started in Raleigh)

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam](hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash) hashtag!
Make sure you catch stream of all the entries once the deadline is up: Twitch

**-------- PARTICIPATING TEAMS ****--------
In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we’re requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We’ll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so everyone can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread :slight_smile: Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We appreciate your help in making this event awesome :cool:

Please send me a PM with your team name and number of team members and we’ll get you added to the list!
Pre-Registered Teams:

• Bacon Rimonado (5)
  • PADORMIR (5)
  • funkiness factor (1)
  • (1)
  • Cloth Cap Games (1)
  • sleepingdragon (1)
  • Wicked Pickle Interactive (1)
  • JK5000 (1)
  • Madd_HatterZA (1)
  • The 404 (5)
  • The T-Baggers (5)
  • VaeiVaeiVaeiVaeiVaeiVaeiVaei (1)
  • zompi (1)
  • Daikini Crossroads (2)
  • Beard Envy (3)
  • Tyco (1)
  • Crowbar Games (5)
  • CuddlyFloopsyWoop-Z (5)
  • Get outta here monkey! (1)
  • Fishlegs Productions (3)

Helpful Links for Jamming!

Official Sites

Getting Started Docs
Top Tips for Game Jams
Wiki Tutorials
Wiki Code Tutorials/Snippets
Training Videos
Tutorials and Guides
Blueprint Getting Started Thread
C++ Getting Started Thread

Unreal Engine’s Official Channel
Peter L Newton’s Channel
TeslaDev’s Channel
Mathew Wadstein’s Channel
Luos’ Channel

Tutorials and Guides

Tutorials by Tom Looman
Blueprint Guides by Romero
Gameplay Guides by Kitatus

Won’t be streaming the play through this month, sorry about that.

Will be taking over for @ until further notice. Twitch

Hey All!

Looking forward to participating once again~

Going to keep following tradition and dedicate half of the given time to learning some new skill.
In this case… creating characters in Blender and creating animations for them.

He’s an injured vet it seems.

Do you have a Vive?

Aye, I have a Vive. No Rift though :frowning:

Am I wrong or did you not play through the VR games from the oct jam?

True story, that was only due to timing. was about to start his streaming the next day, and in a rush to finish all the non-VR games, they had become out of sight, out of mind. But, since I’ll be taking over full time, I will be ensuring all games are played, in submission/request order.

Good to hear that you will in the future. So the mega jam killed and now you’ll be doing all the streaming instead?

Nah, @ is a tough guy. But I can’t really speak for him, so you’ll have to ask him for his exact reasons.

Thanks!

Hi! I’m a 3d artist and would like to participate! Is there anywhere I could look for a team that would need me?

Hello!

We’re looking for ambitious coders to work with for this game jam.

Here’s our work-

(character artist - able to do props/environment)
(rigger/animator - able to do animation blend spaces and state machines, environment and prop modelling, basic particle effects)

We worked on many game jams since august last year and can cover almost everything art related from creating, implementing and presenting them in UE4.

Source control is a must (we have a perforce server) and examples of previous works e.g. personal projects, mods, jams etc.
Feel free to pm me or Skype me if interested in teaming up.

Cheers

Very happy to try my first Game Jam =D

I can’t send you a message in PM :frowning:

Hi! I can’t send you a message in PM too :confused:

I am looking for a team. I’m a Designer and animator looking to work with a team. I’m relearning my skillset. But I would love to animate for a game jam project to get back into the swing of things!

I’m a coder. I’m great at Unity and have used UE3 a fair amount, but this’ll be my first time with UE4. Wanna team up?

I’m still looking for a team! I can sculpt and texture props easy and can do a bit of character modeling. I have yet to learn animation sadly. If you want my help this month or next just PM me.

Here is a sample of my work. https://bellepelouse.artstation.com/

My first game jam. Kinda starting to feel a little anxious… None of the emoticons look like the way I feel. 14 minutes to theme announcement. Good luck guys.