Controlling 3rd Person rotation with HMD

Hey guys, I have been playing around with various player controllers and altering them for different feel and functionality. I have been playing with first person controllers and found it really simple to adjust it so that while moving forward, if the player looked around with the HMD it would orient the controller in that rotation (Only <-> Horizontally). You would look and keep moving in that direction and it felt really nice, but additionally you could use the right stick for a full turn if your head rotation wasnt enough to make a turn. It was very simple to do, I just used “Get orientation and postion” from HMD input, fed it to a rotator scaling, and then to an Add actor rotation.

I am trying to alter the 3rd person template now, I like using it because setting up Head IK is very simple, and I like looking down and seeing the body. However this controller seems to behave a lot different control wise and I am finding it difficult to have the HMD forward vector control the turn of the entire controller. I have tried various things in blueprint to cause the orientation to turn with the hmd but it is not.

I notice that input axis is driving an “add controller Yaw”, and “add controller pitch” nodes for the right stick. I tried using the get orientation and position of HMD and breaking the rotation to its yaw and pitch, feeding that into the controller input. Ive tried changing rotation of various components in the blueprint (the mesh), or getting the player controller, or player pawn. But I cannot figure out how to get the player facing rotation to go with the HMD rotation.

One difference in 3rd and first person I noticed is the use of the Camera Boom, perhaps I need to have the HMD effect the boom and that would drive the rotation of the rest of the controller?

I know it must be absurdly simple, but my exposure to blueprints is still rudimentary. Sorry for the lack of screen shots, I can post some of the things I have tried a bit later.