User Tag List

Thread: Tunnels of Despair

Tunnels of Despair

Hi! We are small team of two developers. My name is Grey and I'm the developer/programmer of this project. We want to give some info on the game we currently working at.

Tunnels of Despair is an atmospheric horror game, where you’re exploring dark underground tunnel system in search of the valuable resources to survive and finally escape.

Name:  TOD_2.png
Views: 663
Size:  70.6 KB

Having parted with your group you saw something unusual on your right in the dark. A door? But there was no door before. With a flashlight in your hand you approached it and pulled the handle. It wasn't locked. There were stairs behind the door. This tunnel has been investigated dozens of times and this passage was never there.

Descending a long twisting tunnel you kept thinking, how great it is to go where no one has ever been before. Wait! The passage ends here. The stairs here have collapsed and your way was cut. You pointed your flashlight down and saw the ground below. You gathered your courage and jumped, into the unknown...

Name:  TOD_3.png
Views: 647
Size:  205.7 KB

What is happening now: we are close to playable alpha right now, basic features implemented, and 90% of the map completed.
    What is our first priority at the moment: playable alpha

State of the game:
    Not currently playable. Menu and game start done along with some storytelling, but gameplay lacking depth. The victory case currently not fully implemented. Ai currently working adequate, but also has some issues, making experience not so smooth. Balance now floating from too easy to very hard.

Changelist v0.1:
    • AI_1 massively improved, animation corrected for AI_1, total ~65% done
    • AI_2 initial approach, detection at 60% done, logic is 10%
    • Map size increase ~300%
    • New models: doors, pipes, various machinery
    • New inventory system
    • New system for storytelling
    • Game menu improvement
    • Button bindings improved
    • Ai vs player balance initial approach
    • Various bugfixes

Screenshots:

Links:

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701952872
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/BearFightersDev
    IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/tunnels-of-despair
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgH5RqzGBbAMuUp40vLgWuQ
    Last edited by Greysil; 10-31-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Visually not impress.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteStormdark View Post
    Visually not impress.
    And why? XD If that is all you write why even bother? Are you postcountfarming? XD

how great it is to go where no one has ever been before
    Except, you know, the people who built and used the tunnel and stairwell :-)

Keep up the great work guys!

Visually impress.

Portfolio Website - www.jforthdesigns.co.uk

Looking shiny so far ^_^

New Work-In-Progress screenshots. Remade some models and textures.

Name:  Screenshot_12.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  492.6 KB

One year later, before and after.

Name:  Screenshot_BA.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  936.3 KB

This Project impresses me so much!
    I'm very interested how you guys got these inspiration - did you explored some places like that or just from google search?
    Keep up the work and notify me if there is a playable alpha
    for now i will upvote this.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenKill View Post
    This Project impresses me so much!
    I'm very interested how you guys got these inspiration - did you explored some places like that or just from google search?
    Keep up the work and notify me if there is a playable alpha
    for now i will upvote this.
    Thank you a lot for your support, your support is the main motivational drive for us to continue developing. We took inspiration from the "digger" subculture (groups of people that infiltrate various underground objects, investigate abandoned tunnels and constructions) that grows in our country, documentary and pictures of subway constructions, and a lot of real life abandoned and functional mechanic devices we seen directly, or on web reports. We actually visited places like this.. there is a lot of stuff like this.. abandoned.. rusted.. old... and in the same time huge and inspiring.
    Last edited by Greysil; 03-29-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greysil View Post
    Thank you a lot for your support, your support is the main motivational drive for us to continue developing. We took inspiration from the "digger" subculture (groups of people that infiltrate various underground objects, investigate abandoned tunnels and constructions) that grows in our country, documentary and pictures of subway constructions, and a lot of real life abandoned and functional mechanic devices we seen directly, or on web reports. We actually visited places like this.. there is a lot of stuff like this.. abandoned.. rusted.. old... and in the same time huge and inspiring.
    I love exploring abandoned places too, thats some element i wanna implement in my games combine with Horror like you guys.
    It's hard to get the same "digging" atmosphere in games - thats why i'm really impressed

Looks great, I really like the Half Life 2 style starting sequence

me visually impress
    Fighting Game Template: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenKill View Post
    I love exploring abandoned places too, thats some element i wanna implement in my games combine with Horror like you guys.
    It's hard to get the same "digging" atmosphere in games - thats why i'm really impressed
    I wish you all the luck on that front. For us it seems to come like the inspiration, and we will try to make things pretty authentic, as much as we can for the sake of the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by shinkicker View Post
    Looks great, I really like the Half Life 2 style starting sequence
    Thank you for your support. Yeah I love the Half-Life inspiration. It contains some part of this theme too, with all the abandoned places scattered around.