More Of Steam's API Exposed To Blueprints

Things like steam achievements, voice, steam workshop, stats and achievements and the like. Hell even just being able to take their steam name an avatar using blueprints would be really nice. Really like to see more nodes to handle this stuff. I know on the multiplayer twitch stream there was mention of getting this done but I have not heard any more about it.

Yes please. Getting a proper ping would be great. However, voice already works I think? I have voice chat working in my steam game.

I absolutely agree! :slight_smile:

Most of these things require a hefty amount of C++ to get working still, so I wouldn’t expect to see this soon. The online sub-system stuff does need a bit of attention, it still takes a lot of work to integrate fully and is lacking a lot of commenting / documentation. There is a lot that could be done to make integrations easier.

+1 for all these things, since Blueprint support inadvertedly means we get better / easier C++ support too.

+1 to this as well, it would be nice if these things could be exposed to BP. Means my project is not reliant upon a plugin that I haven’t created.

Lets get some attention on this.

Agreed!

Steam needs to be kept updated with new versions as well as full BluePrint integration.

in fact it should be simple to use steam almost to the degree of plug n play.
actually all deployment should be easy but mainly Steam.

@franktech I’m at video 16 out of 24, going through the videos even though its for beginners I’m still taking the time to see Epics approach on things.

Unfortunately the only Steam integration in it is creating, searching and destroying sessions. You still can’t pull Steam name or use Steam avatar or name a Steam server. So in the videos you essentially create your own player card as oppose to using your steam profile… Which is kinda sad

Haha yeah I went through that tutorial step by step. He mentions in there about even asking about getting at the very least the steam account name and avatar exposed to BP :smiley:

Most of what you described has already been exposed to BP via the Advanced Sessions Plugin. Mordentral and the project’s other contributors have done some incredible work with this plugin and their development is very active.