How to make the Follow camera swing back to its Initial Location?

Hello to everyone who takes the time to read this,
I am using a third person player character and I want the follow camera to swing back to its initial position after some time and also triggered by events.
What would be a simple way to realize this because setting the Camera or the Camera’s arm transform does not work here?

Greetings
RRe36

Bumping this up

Store the initial position upon initialization, let’s say Event Begin Play > Set InitialPositionOfCamera vector. Activate the event or after some time, Lerp back to the InitialPositionOfCamera. This is obviously on the removed from mesh camera.

This may need to be done in a controller class, or you may need to cast to it, but this should reset the location of your camera

Just to give you an idea of how I came up with this I asked myself, “how is the mouse input related to camera movement”, so I took a look in the method supplied by Epic and saw it was done through the SetControlRotation function, next I knew I needed to get the current rotation of the players mesh which I did by getting its WorldRotation, this returned a wonky value so had to add 90 degrees to it, and wallah.

Edit: If you wanted it to be event driven

Ah, I think I should be able to get it working with this method. Thanks :slight_smile: