Revit 2017 To Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial With ScreenShots

[1] Creating Project in Revit

• My Unit Setup in Revit

[2] Export Directly From Revit To FBX

[3] Unit Setup in 3ds Max

[4] Import Setting in 3ds Max

[5] Use MapScaler Modifier in 3ds Max with 33.3 Value

[5] Use uvw map Modifier in 3ds Max with [1000.m 1000.m 1000.m] Value instead of MapScaler Modifier for Cube objects like wall and flooors

[6] SteamRoller For 2nd UV Channel

[7] Export With TS Tools

• Export Setting

[8] FBX Import Options Unreal Engine 4

[9] Placing Object 0.0.0. + Creating Materials

[10] Lighting With Static Light Archviz Scene is Static ]

• Lighing Options

Final Render

Hope You Enjoy

Download Section

steamroller
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uix0kor06nmujf3/wv_steamroller.mcr?dl=0

TS_Tools

Thanks a lot ! You’ve saved me innumerable hours of frustration…

your welcome

Hi ! I have a few questions

• Do you import the Revit FBX to 3DS Max without combining in any way? (Until now I have combined by material while importing as it reduces the number of objects in the scene)
  • Your scene has 129 objects. My scene has over 3000 objects when imported without combining. So I would prefer to combine objects together. Is there any other step you follow, like grouping all columns together / grouping walls together etc?
  • While exporting FBX with TSTools do you end up with 129 FBX files for your scene? In my case I would end up with over 2000 if objects are not combined.

its up to you

if you combine object - then you need to set 2048 or 4096 for lightmap size

i think lumion exporter .dae ] will combine same material objects automatically for you

While exporting FBX with TSTools do you end up with 129 FBX files for your scene? Yes ! no problem for me :cool:

Quick Question:
When I try this, I end up with walls and windows intersecting and nothing is in the right place. What settings in the TSTools window did you use to make this work?

you saved my 4 hours of importing
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Guys. I think I am getting really dizzy now.
I am exporting from Revit to Max, but some meshes just reject to apply the materials, and later when try to import in Unreal - it crashes.
Do someone have an idea why could this be happening ?!

this is setting for ts-tools

i got the same problem, do you have any solution? thank you

I am having an issue with the results after Steam Roller. Do someone have issue with it as well ? and how did fix it ?

It might help to include the issue you’re having. Steamroller just applies a flatten mapping to your meshes, its not going to be effective 100% of the time. Some meshes will still require manual unwrapping.

can you please post again the setting? I can’t view it, it says invalid attachment specified.

hey guys,
i tried to export to fbx with the TStools but it get stuck :
what shoukd i do?

Do i need to apply any scaling once imported?

Great tutorial, thank you for sharing.

I can follow the workflow, but wen importing to ue4, the textures are kinda missing and i just got some lame colours and when building light it looks like a ***… i dont know… weird. All textures are strangly pattered light is all but correct :frowning:

The best workflow I’ve found is to export your model from Revit as .FBX, import the FBX into 3DS Max, convert your units to centimeters, select all the objects and us a script to convert all your materials to standard materials. While all the objects you wish to export are selected, change all the pivot points of the selected objects to a desired by using the align tool. Unwrap the objects with SteamRoller then export the objects in your scene with TS_Tools UE4 FBX exporter. It may be wise to rename some of the objects before exporting them with TS_Tools. This is the workflow I have been using and it works just fine for me. I hope this helps.

The best workflow I’ve found is to export your model from Revit as .FBX, import the FBX into 3DS Max, convert your units to centimeters, select all the objects and us a script to convert all your materials to standard materials. While all the objects you wish to export are selected, change all the pivot points of the selected objects to a desired by using the align tool. Unwrap the objects with SteamRoller then export the objects in your scene with TS_Tools UE4 FBX exporter. It may be wise to rename some of the objects before exporting them with TS_Tools. This is the workflow I have been using and it works just fine for me. I hope this helps.
[/QUOTE]

Much the same as my workflow, but can you explain the use of the align tool to change the pivot points? What does this achieve? Cheers!

I use the align tool to set the pivot points of all the objects in my 3DS MAX scence to one point such as 0,0,0. This is really helpful because when I import my static meshes into Unreal Engine 4 all my static meshes stay in the same location they were in 3DS MAX. The only downside to this is that translation, rotation and scaling of static meshes becomes a pain to do. I use a tool in UE4 called PIVOT to re-bake the pivot location of static meshes I want to move, scale or rotate.

Not sure I follow - I achieve the same thing using the TS_Tools script (same workflow as this thread). When I drag my meshes into the scene, they are all in the same location as they are in max…