For those OCD blueprint creators :D

Heyya! Wattup, so I found this amazing thing that I didn’t know and I’ve been working with unreal for almost a year. Anyhow, if you’re extremely OCD and you want your lines to be straight and your blueprints to have that perfect sexiness to it like this:

Well you’re in luck, I found this(Credit where credit is due) Achieve straight node lines within your blueprints!
If you’re not into clicking links n stuff, well here’s the page with the stuff you need to know:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Achieve straight node lines within your blueprints!
I don’t know if the grass was greener on the other side for me, but I discovered how to make the blueprint lines straight. I like the look of it, and lines that happen to cross each other is easier to follow. Less spaghetti.

You can use these values to change the way the line curves as well, if you want to keep the curve but have it sharper or softer.

Go to Editor Preferences -> Content Editors -> Graph Editor

This is the part you want in the Graph Editor:

Set the values marked with yellow to 0, and voila! Straight lines in all of your blueprints.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This isn’t my idea, I just thought I’d share it with those who didn’t know… Cause I myself never poked around in the editors settings, so I assume some haven’t either :smiley:

Now that’s a nifty idea that never really occurred to me until just now.

Oh my god, thanks like a lot!! I didn’t ue4 had this settings! My pain is over now :slight_smile:

Awesome, glad it’s useful for some people, took me a few hours of searching through forum posts and sites to find a way to get rid of the “spaghetti” that is the connecting lines :smiley:

I am not sure if there is some code optimization for blueprints, but all those dots are empty macros.
This could have impact on performance in big blueprint projects.

Real Unreal Blueprints don’t have curves!

Yeah I’m aware they’re empty macros, but if it did have performance impacts, I would probably keep those empty macros during development but when the project is ready for compiling I would probably remove all the extra dots :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: